Author Topic: [MECH] Faction changing  (Read 4842 times)

Strelok

[MECH] Faction changing
« on: September 11, 2014, 02:56:44 PM »

Ok guys, so here is the issue - I have just recently resigned from the Family membership and now I am a short-life but proud looner. The problem is that I cannot join any other faction.

After resigning from the Family, I have got 3500+ reputation from the Jim & Jack & Joe Lawyer Agency faction (the opposite force to the Family) and its base became visible for me (with simultaneous disappearance of the Family facilities; The Family reputation = 0). When I came to the Lawyers base I could spawn on the courtyard or inside the base (while cannot cross the main gate of the base; moving inside the base is only possible by town/world button).

When I was already inside, I wanted to seal my membership with the new faction and get a safe spot. Nevertheless my nick was completely white (fortunately The Lawyers curiosity didn't come along with the bullets), I could not become the member of the faction. In the dialogue chart with the quatermaster Stark I could only resign from the Lawyers for on and on and nothing had happened.

So here are the bullet points of the problem:

1) After resigning from one faction it was impossible for me to join to the other.

> It would be great if you could choose which faction you would like to join afterwards, depending on your reputation stats (just like it is described in the AoP wiki).

2) Reputation

> Why did the reputation of The Lawyers stats grow so rapidly after resigning the opposed Family? Shouldn't it changed more slightly like the reputation stats for the abandoned Family?

« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:59:56 PM by Strelok »

TheTylerLee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: [MECH] Faction changing
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2014, 04:00:10 PM »

To join the lawyers you need to talk to the small rat beside the three guards on the road

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2014, 07:28:49 PM »

the small rat?? -_-;

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 09:11:07 AM »

Does changing factions work now? I'm afraid to change as I don't want to be stuck naked in the desert...

Strelok

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 09:15:07 AM »

To join the lawyers you need to talk to the small rat beside the three guards on the road

I've tried - doesn't work. Even if it did - it wouldn't solve the issue if I want to join BB or V-Tec for instance.

As I have written - the quatermaster Stark treats me as I would be a faction member but when I try to resign from the faction, nothing happens at all - I can repeat the whole dialogue sentence and nothing will change.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 09:34:42 AM »

~help

Ask mods to help you, I don't think that it would take a lot of effort (as I saw on the first stream).
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 09:40:50 AM »

You're not meant to even be able to go inside the HQ structure until you've become a proper member. When you're a loner, when you visit the HQ, in the courtyard, you speak to this guys:

He will let you join the lawyers. You are not meant to speak to the quartermaster Stark to join the lawyers.

Strelok

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 07:58:37 AM »

And that's the point. Even if I'm a looner, I'm still able to get inside the opposite faction HQ without being a member of the faction. I can get assignments but I don't have a room and cannot have one.

Nevertheless, after being killed a lot of time by some deliberately sadistic shit-brained Tapok_Paladin inside the Lawyers base I've decide to make a new character.

In spite of all, the issue of changing the faction/becoming a member of a new one should be resolved for new players to come.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip