Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: SPECIAL/Traits/Perks  (Read 10895 times)

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
SPECIAL/Traits/Perks
« on: January 27, 2016, 01:33:05 PM »

Just posting my opinion on current balancing on all things that arent weapons/items.
Feel free to discuss any point

If a Special stat/trait/perk isnt mentioned its because i think it is balanced and fine as is.

SPECIAL

Perception: Serves as a dump stat right now, because you can reach acceptable sightrange even with just the hawkeyes perk+leadership bonuses+ scopes. I'd suggest moving things like awareness and living anatomy away from perks and making them baseline abilities upon reaching certain Perception levels. Also if you are low perception the radius in which you hear the new positional audio sounds should be reduced instead of hearing the location of every shot all across the map.

Intelligence: Is just way too strong and important. Nobody rolls below 8 INT, and if they do, their build is most likely trash. I suggest adding dimnishing returns on skill points and base crit% like almost every other stat already has.

Traits

Fast Metabolism: Very bad. Basically the effect of 2 food items while suffering way faster bleeding. Buff this if you're not planning on reworking food effects.

Bruiser: The most underwhelming and "meh" trait in existence.

Lizard limbs: You either need to doc wounds immediately or not at all. Probably wouldn't even take this perk if its 100% chance to heal one limb on next healing tick. Downside is also WAY too heavy with food being the way it is.

Dead Man Walking: Does anyone even take this? I feel like the trade is never worth it and going into grey hp faster just seals your fate.

Perks

Toughness: Universal _must have_ perk for every build.

Evil Scientist: Doesn't work

Light Step: Bad. Also too similar to the 'Blind luck' trait.

Silent hill death: I like this perk, but its also way too strong (that is why i like it ))))

Armor efficiency: This lost a lot of meaning when guaranteed bypasses vs sneakers were removed. Should receive a small buff to 20%

Psychopath: A whole 15AP for landing a kill? How generous ;^]

Faster reload: Same as psychopath, laughably low benefit.

Kurwier

Re: SPECIAL/Traits/Perks
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 02:05:04 PM »

SPECIAL:

Perception:
Agree to certain points , i dont think that it is a pure dump stat , since PE can grant you extra hexes of effective range over your enemie which might have just 1 PE , and more effective range can decide between life and death.

I think the current system is pretty good regarding perception with leader modules , it seems to me pretty balanced.

I do like the radius of sound suggestion.

Intelligence:
I don´t agree to one point , it´s possible to roll with builds that have some INT value below 8 and they don`t suck. The only problem i see with INT is the base crit chance you gain from it. Thats why it`s so important for most builds probably.

TRAITS:

Fast Metabolism:
Agree.

Bruiser:
Not a bad trait for melee characters.

Lizard limbs:
Not a bad trait also , can be very strong with the right leader mods on. Not using doc on yourself does mean saving AP and tics occur every 15 sec if im not wrong.

Dead Man Walking:
Never took that trait but i think its not useless either , i´ve seen some people who had it and who survived just becasue of this.

PERKS:

Toughness:
Agree , but its nothing bad from my point of view , nobody forcing you to take it also.

Evil Scientist:
I haven´t tested it.

Light Step:
With more traps in game , it might be usefull in combination with the trait.

Silent hill death:
Well , i rolled without it on the event and it turned out to be allright. I think the perk is fine as it is , since there exist other powerfull late level perks also. This isn´t a problem for me.

Armor efficiency:
Why this lost a meaning ? It´s still a good perk if you go for some defensive builds. 20% sounds a bit high in my opinion.

Psychopath:
Agree , even with the leader mod it will just grant 35 ap in whole "if you got 10 charisma".

Faster reload:
I think its ok with the stacking bonus from leader module.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 02:09:15 PM »

it´s possible to roll with builds that have some INT value below 8 and they don`t suck.

Every single build with 7 int or less can be improved by lowering another stat and raising int instead, you are losing out on either an additional weapon perk or on a LOT of hp restored per first aid. This showcases just how important of a stat int is.

Lizard limbs:
Not a bad trait also , can be very strong with the right leader mods on. Not using doc on yourself does mean saving AP and tics occur every 15 sec if im not wrong

I think its the worst trait in the game right now, it makes you lose up to 52(!) healing rate

The minimal ap you save on doc cost (which isnt even guaranteed) come right back to you because you constantly need to pop (super)stims.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 02:20:08 PM by RazorRamon »

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 02:25:12 PM »

SPECIAL:

Perception:
Agree to certain points , i dont think that it is a pure dump stat , since PE can grant you extra hexes of effective range over your enemie which might have just 1 PE , and more effective range can decide between life and death.

I think the current system is pretty good regarding perception with leader modules , it seems to me pretty balanced.

Intelligence:
I don´t agree to one point , it´s possible to roll with builds that have some INT value below 8 and they don`t suck. The only problem i see with INT is the base crit chance you gain from it. Thats why it`s so important for most builds probably.

TRAITS:

Fast Metabolism:
Agree.

Bruiser:

Lizard limbs:
Not a bad trait also , can be very strong with the right leader mods on. Not using doc on yourself does mean saving AP and tics occur every 15 sec if im not wrong.

Dead Man Walking:
Never took that trait but i think its not useless either , i´ve seen some people who had it and who survived just becasue of this.

PERKS:

Toughness:
Agree , but its nothing bad from my point of view , nobody forcing you to take it also.

Evil Scientist:
I haven´t tested it.

Light Step:

Silent hill death:
Well , i rolled without it on the event and it turned out to be allright. I think the perk is fine as it is , since there exist other powerfull late level perks also. This isn´t a problem for me.

Armor efficiency:
Why this lost a meaning ? It´s still a good perk if you go for some defensive builds. 20% sounds a bit high in my opinion.

Psychopath:
Agree , even with the leader mod it will just grant 35 ap in whole "if you got 10 charisma".

Faster reload:

Courier for the love of Christ change that colouring. This is giving me headaches.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

Kurwier

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 02:57:42 PM »

SPECIAL:

Perception:

Intelligence:

TRAITS:

Fast Metabolism:
Agree.

Bruiser:

Lizard limbs:

Dead Man Walking:

PERKS:

Toughness:

Evil Scientist:
I haven´t tested it.

Light Step:

Silent hill death:

Armor efficiency:

Psychopath:

Faster reload:

Courier for the love of Christ change that colouring. This is giving me headaches.

Perfect example of why we can´t have nice things , or why the heck anybody believe that some kind of discussion will going on here :^)

Stem Sunders

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2016, 04:15:19 PM »

Teela is right, please change the colour.

Can barley read it fam!

Kurwier

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2016, 04:19:59 PM »

Teela is right, please change the colour.

Can barley read it fam!

somebody buy this man some glasses blease

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2016, 04:23:03 PM »

The traits/perks were always hugely unbalanced. A mean at this point most of the players will have around 10 builds ready to use or fast/reroll and when every one of this builds uses the same 3 perks then yeah, they must be the best perks. As for traits half of them I guess were added as joke traits cause in the end it comes back to the same 4-5 traits that are usable and the rest meh.

If there was a way to actually see and make a statistic of all the characters and the traits/perks they use it would be the easiest way to find the op and ''unbalanced'' ones. Although heavy balancing usually means less fun and more boring/static game soooo ...... ;)

Also courier grow up and make your posts readable again. 

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2016, 04:23:45 PM »

SPECIAL:

Perception:

Intelligence:

TRAITS:

Fast Metabolism:
Agree.

Bruiser:

Lizard limbs:

Dead Man Walking:

PERKS:

Toughness:

Evil Scientist:
I haven´t tested it.

Light Step:

Silent hill death:

Armor efficiency:

Psychopath:

Faster reload:

Perfect example of why we can´t have nice things , or why the heck anybody believe that some kind of discussion will going on here :^)

John, where are you in our hour of need...
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2016, 04:48:01 PM »

I forgot one of the worst trait offenders:

Heavy handed: Completely non-debatable mandatory for every melee build and utterly useless for everyone else. It's the definition of what traits shouldnt be

Kurwier

« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »

I forgot one of the worst trait offenders:

Heavy handed: Completely non-debatable mandatory for every melee build and utterly useless for everyone else. It's the definition of what traits shouldnt be

its exactly what traits are for

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2016, 05:23:51 PM »

no

if traits straight up buff a certain playstyle with barely any downsides and do nothing for every other build its bad design

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2016, 07:01:38 PM »

What is this shit, someone hacked into Kurwiers account  >:(

Now they made him into a giant booger writing with his finger covered in vomit, courier man go report this

But to Topic, my 3 kagillion cents

Perception :

LOL a dump stat? xD To me Perception is very important, as courier stated it gives Efficiency range which is very important. Especially for Sniper builds, not to mention it gives sight range. True that you drop it to 1 and use leader buffs but you're lacking like 5-20 eff. range depending on weapon (I tried this with milkor and lost 11 hexes to shoot and was like NOPE). And when the leader dies, you become blind as a bat so RIP

I remember one time I made a dank DSR build with 121 sight range and had 94/95 eff. range and completely outsniped teela and mssniper by like 15 hexes (they both had same weapon but they were trying to get closer)
Intelligence :

IMO its fine as is. Having high INT requirement for every build completely removes the need to grind builds. Look at Reloaded, people have 1 INT but are grinding to get level 100+ just to reach perfection. Meanwhile in AoP, I can be PvP ready with high weapon skill, 2ndary, and First Aid high by level 24 or less. One thing I don't like is how it determines critical chance and allows anybody to make critical hits.

As for perks and traits : I'm assuming they're all gonna be reworked.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 07:09:34 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2016, 02:03:18 AM »

Ramon is just too much about sneaky deployment of plasma pistols into other peoples butts. Of course if you use short range weapons and have character tough as titanium nails you don't really need PE. But it could be really useful during PVP in case you don't have a dedicated sneaker.

About INT: it would be probably a bad decision to implement a skill point effect based on it, as it would become even more unbalanced. I'm not really sure anything should be done with critical mechanics from the INT end. Maybe an impact of other characteristics should be strengthened?

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2016, 04:25:19 AM »

Re: DSR - you only need like 4 perception to get eff range of 94.

95 is impossible.

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2016, 09:24:49 AM »

Specials
About sight, may be the problems are on how high are the bonus. (Scoped bonus can be reduced to +2/+3 sight)
IN: Agree on skill points diminishing. But this may end on only lowering the must have IN to 6-7
Critical stats can be reworked so IN+LK = base critical and PE+LK= aimed critical
LK=+3 Base critical +2(5) aimed critical (max 30 critical, 50 aimed)
IN=+2 base critical (max 20 critical, 20 aimed)
PE=+(11-PE) aimed critical (max 55 aimed)

Traits
Lizard limbs: change the drawback to -10 critical EN. Raise the chance to regenerate to 50%. and add a bonus to HR
Make fast metabolism the inverse: increased bleed and poison resistance. less HR

Same you say about heavy handed can be applied to 4 eyes (scoped weapons user have almost no drawback)

Will add finesse to the list: the 30% increased DR its too heavy to compensate  the 10% in critical chance.
Make criticals deal less damage (reduce or remove completely the bonus damage off criticals) but have better chance to cause critical effects (-5%/10% on the related resistance to resist the effect).

Perks
Armor efficiency: 20% will be fine
Fast reload: buff to 15% AP reduction
Psychopath: +30 AP and + 3AP regen+ for 20 seconds
Living anatomy: also not worth it. increase the critical bonus or make it increase bleed caused by 10%-15%

paragon

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2016, 09:51:38 AM »

> Same you say about heavy handed can be applied to 4 eyes (scoped weapons user have almost no drawback)

tunnel vision, 1 hex seen behind you instead of 50 - not a drawback?

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2016, 11:24:19 AM »

tunnel vision, 1 hex seen behind you instead of 50 - not a drawback?
afaik thats the drawbak for scoped weapons. Having the trait doesnt make it worst (unless it have changed a i didnt know about it...)

paragon

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »

It was planned. I am actually not sure if implemented.
So otherwise it is -1 PE for aiming... which is somewhat bad if you're actually aiming.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 01:32:17 PM by free rerolls man »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2016, 04:57:57 AM »

All late and shit but what eva. A good change for faster reload would be reducing ap cost by 20-30% + no reload animation.

Just thought of this while planking on my chair xD
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip