Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: faction play & teamkilling  (Read 21523 times)

scabs

• Wanderer
  • The gun is good. The penis is evil.
    • View Profile
faction play & teamkilling
« on: January 08, 2015, 11:02:15 PM »

since we have factions, we're automatically allied with other players who've chosen the same faction, from what I've read.
how prolific is teamkilling?
do factions only exist in name only, and most just disregard the faction system's penalties?
what are the penalties faced if you teamkill?
the wiki just says "you loose more points", but doesn't state how many or if it's a significant amount

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: faction play & teamkilling
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 11:28:36 PM »

TK'ing was a severe problem in this FO, don't know if it stayed the same after a couple of reputation system fixes.
You lose reputation for each tick of damage as well as for kills. The penalty grows gradually with each relapse withing a time limit. (i.e. If you shot somebody today, you will not lose more rep if you shoot some1 tomorrow. However you will lose a ton when you shoot somebody continiously and score a kill.)

Since you can't just flood NPCs with relics anymore, that penalty has become severe. (after losing too much rep. you will get expelled from your faction, losing pretty much everything)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2015, 03:39:37 AM »

Faction don't exist in name only.

Early in the cession, there were some trolls, but they were the minority. Most players helped each other, or at least, ignored each other.

Late in the cession, there no TK trolls (but still melee sneak trolls), and most players were together for all activities (at least amongs lawyers), or at least, helped each others.
The faction system worked, for the most part.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2015, 04:01:52 AM »

It obviously worked better when there were fewer people (and when those who didn't like it left for other Fonline). The fixes on losing rep and not being able to use relics anymore would have had a lot of effect too earlier in session. You lose something like 160 rep first shot, then x2 each successive time (320, 640, 1280 etc). But more than the penaly, I think it was because people wanted to play together instead of trolling like kids  ;D

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2015, 04:18:26 AM »

I think it was because people wanted to play together instead of trolling like kids  ;D

TK'ing during server peak was never about trolling. It was always about "that guy came into our zc naked, he died and enemy got the points, so now we're losing for absolutely no reason".
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2015, 04:45:37 AM »

I'm referring to the current situation, as there were a few people (well, 1 in lawyer) who liked to attack teammates even during ZC, once making a ZC lost as there were injuries and AP lost  ???

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2015, 05:47:54 AM »

It is also welcome that losing noobs don't make you lose ZC.
Initially it was point & timer. If you lose your noobs near the end of the timer, the opposing team could win the ZC even if you kicked them a few second later.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2015, 03:17:33 PM »

I dont know about other factions, but I never saw any teamkilling in family. (except for once, when we thought this guy was a spy.)

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2015, 05:50:58 PM »

I dont know about other factions, but I never saw any teamkilling in family. (except for once, when we thought this guy was a spy.)

Best excuse for TK  :)

Have to agree Family must had the lowest numbers of TKs when the server was full.
Now I doubt that any teamkilling happens anymore with such a low population.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2015, 07:40:53 PM »

There's a lot of friendly fire in Vtec when everyone is just standing around doing nothing when there's no enemy in sight. All fun and games really.

I can remember only one true VTEC teamkill. In which I was the executioner. We use it as a Bogeyman nowadays; behave or we'll 'send you to the Family'. It works.

Best excuse for TK  :)

Have to agree Family must had the lowest numbers of TKs when the server was full.
Now I doubt that any teamkilling happens anymore with such a low population.
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2015, 08:39:38 PM »

There was a incident I was involved in when a buddy died in Poly, I stood by his body and then some dude from the Family (a pole, I think) just looted the dead guy's stuff even through I told him it was from a ally. I then pursued him and left him with negative HPs, but he regenerated and ran away again. Golden Geckos got him in the end, through, and my friend got his stuff back.

I think the whole thing was a misunderstanding because he had bad english.

But besides that, I don't think Family ever had any teamkilling. We were too busy and having too much fun running guerilla deathsquads.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 08:04:50 AM »

as was mentioned PK was sometimes necesity for the old ZC system but of now it is pointless
so if there are some PK it will be driven by personal grudges or just trolling
and currently in AOP most valuable resource is soldiers
average skilled soldier with at least some sense of teamplay is more worth than overloaded container with top gear

there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

paragon

« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2015, 08:35:09 AM »

Not pointless yet. People without armor still joining ZC, having ~1 level. What can you expect from them? Open lockers, doors giving away your position, scream help and making your weak-will teammates to leave guarding positions, possibly being pulled in a CC trap, stand in line of fire doing 0 damage and preventing you to do damage, block the doors, loot what they didn't kill while you fight, and our favorite, being a spy.
TK is necessary.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 08:38:59 AM »

well  explaing dat to someone before ZC will fix the problems instead of TK
if he still does dat kind of shit it is obviously troll or provocator
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 09:18:13 AM »

It didn't happen in early days server.
You couldn't enter during a ZC if you were lower than lvl 6.

And afterward, there were too few people to afford to kick someone.
Anyway, TK without warning shouldn't happen, no matter the reason.

paragon

« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2015, 09:47:11 AM »

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in v-tec being able to speak English well enough to explain people that they're doing wrong and going to die. At least, I didn't see any successful understanding of what we said. Right, Caboose?

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 10:45:10 AM »

Unfortunately, I don't know anyone in v-tec being able to speak English well enough to explain people that they're doing wrong and going to die. At least, I didn't see any successful understanding of what we said. Right, Caboose?

Wrong

paragon

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 03:15:38 PM »

Define your meanings of team and fun.
For me someone harmful to success isn't in my team.
And losing cuz of such people isn't fun.

Until they are willing to learn and get better. But in v-tec we don't speak English well enough to persuade them...
Or they come persuaded already somehow. And become main team in 5 hours of gameplay.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:22:52 PM by paragon »

paragon

« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 03:59:31 PM »

Once you'll finally understand that different people prefer different playstyles.

For me game is competition. And yeah, I don't like to lose without a good reason.
I like cooperation and communication with voice. I like to share information to my team which they get benefit from. I learn how to play well / speak not-primary language (people can't speak in combat even playing fonline for years) / even lead and god damn microcontrol people in the same time.
I can't trust people which voice I don't hear, can't rely on them.

For you it's something else.

So now we are in one faction, and somehow in the one zone, which is contested. I came to get fun from fighting and winning, you came to get fun from different things.

If I let you live, you'll let me down, and I won't get fun.
If I kill you, you won't get fun.

So what is the solution?

And I have to say again, my English obviously sux. And you don't speak it at all. And even more, you don't even care about my opinion, cuz why would you, right?

I even dare to think only voice comms can make Fonliners really engaged with the gameplay. I've found people I respect, which I'd like to call friends IRL, and for me obviously this wouldn't happen without my attitude about how should I play the game.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:12:26 PM by paragon »

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 04:10:46 PM »

Wrong

Heck Paragon, I'm English and I don't speak English well enough to explain to someone that they are going to die. TK is necessary.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 04:13:09 PM by Caboose »
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip