Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: ZC isn't the only PVP people  (Read 20842 times)

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: ZC isn't the only PVP people
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2014, 08:46:23 AM »

Family always has a death squad of around 3 - 8 players

There's your answer to entire question about loners not scavening core anymore.....
It would be good to hear your solutions instead of nit-picking statements that suit your agenda.
All you say is to remove assignments functionality. Then you're suggesting to remove functionality of teaming up? or would you like to prevent only Family from doing that. Be more creative and present real solution not criticize everything.
Actually it doesn't matter. Many solutions have been proposed already. Just don't try to start flame war because it won't do any good. We all play this game together.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:47:55 AM by baskila »

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2014, 08:49:25 AM »

this is PVP oriented server, maybe i am wrong but point wasnt realy to make all fonline players stick to this server premanently, for me its very nice picture of game where its enought to login for couple of hours per day( once you got stashed ofc ), i believe thats also shared vision of developers according the game mechanics, in this meaning only thing which discourage or maybe disapoints players a little is the (action time/waiting time) in ZC, i would start think about this issue for further development.

It would be good to hear your solutions instead of nit-picking statements that suit your agenda.
All you say is to remove assignments functionality. Then you're suggesting to remove functionality of teaming up? or would you like to prevent only Family from doing that. Be more creative and present real solution not criticize everything.
Actually it doesn't matter. Many solutions have been proposed already. Just don't try to start flame war because it won't do any good. We all play this game together.

Dear baskila,

i believe it wasnt meant to insult anyone, but truth about fonline universe is and always will be, that gameplay is maintained by players themselves, if players will stick to "PK" behaviour, it is and always will be contraproductive in matter of building up playerbase. Thats it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 08:52:29 AM by greenthumb »

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2014, 08:57:50 AM »

I believe it wasnt meant to insult anyone, but truth about fonline universe is and always will be, that gameplay is maintained by players themselves, if players will stick to "PK" behaviour, it is and always will be contraproductive in matter of building up playerbase. Thats it.

Are you serious ? The only reason I play this game is because it's open and you can and will kill anyone. Also about the PK behavior, I think is the point of the game otherwise there are hundreds of theme park mmorpgs why don't you try them and say how great they are ? Then you will see why AOP is so great.

Also the best PVP is the ''Hunt''     

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2014, 09:00:52 AM »

yes best PVP is to outnumber somebody in smallscale PVP, eventualy to pwn some team in equal numbers, but if you get owened, eventualy get owned repeatedly, it will make you not play anymore, thats the withdrawal for  playerbase of this nice viewpoint of PK game .

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2014, 09:14:49 AM »

yes best PVP is to outnumber somebody in smallscale PVP, eventualy to pwn some team in equal numbers, but if you get owened, eventualy get owned repeatedly, it will make you not play anymore, thats the withdrawal for  playerbase of this nice viewpoint of PK game .
I think it depends. Of course open pvp with full loot is not for everyone but I'm sure that players would like it if they would be more encouraged to go to the core. They just need to see that there's stuff to do, loot to grab, critters to kills, locations to explore, mysteries to solve (ok I might get carried away wee bit there;) ), players to kill and that gear is not a problem.

catstevens

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2014, 09:55:07 AM »

if players will stick to "PK" behaviour, it is and always will be contraproductive in matter of building up playerbase. Thats it.

What are you talking about? This fonline server is meant for pk and pvp only. Your statement makes no sense for AOP.

Moving on, here are some missions in core that could work differently than the current ones:
- assassination :  You are given location (e.g. PV bioab), target mob spawns when one person from assignment team enters.

- exploration : You are given a location to visit and return from (after sending pipboy gps data back to base) within the core

- Security : You are given a location in the core that the whole assignment group must stay in for 10 minutes.

- Discovery : You are given a location and a certain item that you must find within them. The item will spawn.

- Seek & Destroy (abusable but what isnt): You are tasked with killing a member of your main enemy gang within the core

- Intel gathering : You must vist an enemy gate and remain there for 20 minutes

More meandering:

As for ZC, here's my brutal opinion. The AOP devs have created a unique fonline game, focused on pvp, with new mechanics, 100% new maps, new character system, new guns, etc. Totally changed fonline and I think did an amazing job breathing new life into it. But then, you make ZC which is essentially the exact same as TC but without a loot box. Why? Why did you have to add TC into a new unique game you created? And we see what happenes, big gangs only logging on for zc battles, etc. You took your unique amazing product and stamped it with the old fonline that everyone is bored of. IMO ZC should be changed to be totally different so it's not just the same as TC. Taking zone should be ongoing battle involving a few factors not just TC timer. Well if anyone read this whole wall of text I congratulate them!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 09:56:46 AM by catstevens »

PyrO

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2014, 10:17:21 AM »

There's your answer to entire question about loners not scavening core anymore.....
You should not forget that the OTHER factions do the same. There are v-tecs camping between eastern square and the family gate as well. And I doubt the other 2 factions do the same thing.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2014, 10:20:13 AM »

No i don't have an "agenda", didn't personally had problems with you guys ganking around but i'm telling you what regular players write in chat.Basically they don't go scavenging since they got camped couple of times in gate and lost their precious gear(matters a lot to them).So they simply choose safer way;team up and go assignments.Way i see it;you will never attract people into scavening zone(non ZC time) unless we get some high rewards in there.In my opinion assignments aren't way to go because only teams will do that;most of casual guys will simply avoid those difficulties that require venturing into core.I'd put some rare spawns inside with corresponding message to all factions.Patrols with some precious cargo like t3 ammo,craft materials etc.Also,you need to add some items upon completion of those Core assignments because if you don't, as i said previously, casuals will avoid them(why would they risk everything only for example 25% more exp and caps).So maybe make S-SS-SSS assignments for core and increase exp and caps  reward by 33% and maybe add some items that everyone wants?Chitin scraps for example.Also,why not introduce some "neutral" faction,what i mean is some npc faction which would be enemy with all 4 player factions and they could take zones too if the zones is "idle" for long time.What happened to robots btw ;) ?I don't know there's lot of things that i could make up but since i'm waiting for long time just for that 2nd dungeon i'm not gonna put pressure on this(devs are busy and lacking numbers as it is).
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Stem Sunders

« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2014, 10:28:54 AM »

@PorkchopExpress

Learn new tactics? like we had too.

Its not up to us to compensate for other players. Just like its not up to other factions to compensate for our lack of manpower during ZC.
It's clear we can't contest on the scale other factions can, so we take to other methods

E.g Wandering death squads and ambush tactics. Which don't always work out as planned I may add.

Try something new like forming your own squad to go clear out the core.
Stick to the shadows, I can't believe the amount of players that just run down the street totally unaware there are enemies stood in front of them. They just run through us expecting not to get shot.

Lastly, if what you claim is true and players are too scared to enter the core for fear of losing equipment or of a possible fight.
Then I'm proud to be a member of the family.

However these guys didn't seem to care much.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:32:30 AM by Stem Sunders »

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2014, 10:33:06 AM »

@PorkchopExpress

Learn new tactics? like we had too.

Its not up to us to compensate for other players. Just like its not up to other factions to compensate for our lack of manpower during ZC.
It's clear we can't contest on the scale other factions can, so we take to other methods

E.g Wandering death squads and ambush tactics. Which don't always work out as planned I may add.

Try something new like forming your own squad to go clear out the core.
Stick to the shadows, I can't believe the amount of players that just run down the street totally unaware there are enemies stood in front of them. They just run through us expecting not to get shot.

Lastly, if what you claim is true and players are too scared to enter the core for fear of losing equipment or of a possible fight.
Then I'm proud to be a member of the family.

However these guys didn't seem to care much.

If waiting in certain parts of gate outnumbering loners and bluesuits is tactical and an accomplishment for you and family;well to be honest,not sure should i salute you or pity you.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2014, 10:36:12 AM »

Bullshit trash-talking has started? Be mature people, wth.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Stem Sunders

« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2014, 10:43:35 AM »

There you go again "nit picking" on certain parts and twisting them to fit your own "Agenda" I try to explain something and you offer me nothing back but insults :p

Mostly I agree with you, I want more fights and less blue suites too.
And I think you missed my point.
If its not tactics then what is it? I have countless screens of awesome traps and ambushes we have set. Some in the sewers some in the streets and buildings and yes others as you say on exit grids. But if you think all we snag are lone blue suites then you're mistaken.

Even the grouped, armed and armored players often lose because they run around like headless chickens panicking that they are about to be someones supper and as someone said above me we're not the only faction that does it...

The best fights are when the two squads run into each other. Or post-ZC ambushes, if you earn an enemies preferred route and you're there waiting for them I think thats pretty cool.

(Edit) Ironically exit grids tend to end up in death more than victory. So if setting a trap in a building or in the street isn't legit what is?
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:52:54 AM by Stem Sunders »

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2014, 10:53:16 AM »

if players will stick to "PK" behaviour, it is and always will be contraproductive in matter of building up playerbase. Thats it.

What are you talking about? This fonline server is meant for pk and pvp only. Your statement makes no sense for AOP.

Moving on, here are some missions in core that could work differently than the current ones:
- assassination :  You are given location (e.g. PV bioab), target mob spawns when one person from assignment team enters.

- exploration : You are given a location to visit and return from (after sending pipboy gps data back to base) within the core

- Security : You are given a location in the core that the whole assignment group must stay in for 10 minutes.

- Discovery : You are given a location and a certain item that you must find within them. The item will spawn.

- Seek & Destroy (abusable but what isnt): You are tasked with killing a member of your main enemy gang within the core

- Intel gathering : You must vist an enemy gate and remain there for 20 minutes

More meandering:

As for ZC, here's my brutal opinion. The AOP devs have created a unique fonline game, focused on pvp, with new mechanics, 100% new maps, new character system, new guns, etc. Totally changed fonline and I think did an amazing job breathing new life into it. But then, you make ZC which is essentially the exact same as TC but without a loot box. Why? Why did you have to add TC into a new unique game you created? And we see what happenes, big gangs only logging on for zc battles, etc. You took your unique amazing product and stamped it with the old fonline that everyone is bored of. IMO ZC should be changed to be totally different so it's not just the same as TC. Taking zone should be ongoing battle involving a few factors not just TC timer. Well if anyone read this whole wall of text I congratulate them!

That is very well said. +1

Deathproof

« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 10:55:18 AM »

No your argument that there is a superpower waiting for all entering the core, while we're usually about 4 players, rarely more, often less. (At least at the time I'm playing).

Only time we were 8+ is to ambush gang going to zc. Why ? Coz we can.

Every ZC (with exception of 2-3 times, which wasn't in my time zone but I stayed late) was totally swarmed. 7-8 Family vs 15+ law or 15+ vteks or combined. Thats why I really rarely decide to zc these days (and even if I do so I have a problem of finding 6 ppl for it), so don't give us bullshit when you're the usually the ones swarming the shit out of people.

You have a mentality from other fo's. Grind grind then use it just to log in for zc. If you had teams hunting/scavenging the core then random pvp would be fun. Your gate is being camped by 4-5 ppl ? Send a team to deal with it like we do. Always whining about that. You know how much outnumbering I just shrugged off ?

Do you know how our chat around vtek gate sounds like ?
"I hope they send someone now"
"I hope he told them where we are"
"I hope more come"
"Lets try to find a group"

Bluesuits are collateral because there isn't no one else, no one else going into core , no one else defending them. I personally took family bluesuits scavenging, hunting geckos, exploring the map, just to help them out if someone attacks them. Its a win win, I get pvp, they get loot.

Specialized builds ? Its your problem you made a character that can't preform more than 1 function than expect everyone else to do one function as well.

I love the high moral ground you're taking against the family, I don't know if we're playing on same server but we were camped and outnumbered so many times I couldn't care less, you got a problem ? Send a team and hunts us down in the core.

We had some nice 2-3 vs 2-3 fights in the core with BB's and Law's coz they actually go out from time to time in small team to scavenge/kill people and we find each other. I just wish it was more often.

Its a video game, goodbye.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 10:59:53 AM »

@DeathProof

:D couldn't have said it better, I tried but meh.

You know what I do with all the gear we win?

I go back to base and give it to newer members. and I'm not talking LA and pistols.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:08:24 AM by Stem Sunders »

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 11:19:16 AM »

You know what's hilarious about your posts;the fact that you think i'm the one crying about you guys....Entire topic is about why casual loners don't go scavenge core anymore.When i gave you an answer you started bullshiting me about tactics.As i said before there's nothing tactical about 3-4 or more guys killing loner.That's the reason why CASUALS don't go scavenging as often as they did before.And to complete the other side of coin;teams don't go scavenging since they get more stuff from ZC and only move to pvp if someone reported on chat "x of y faction in z location".There's your answer.What to do?There are already countless suggestions but as i said before dev's time and numbers are limited so deal with it for now.

P.S. Somebody said that stockpiling and caring about items is wrong approach to game;I agree but try to explain that to majority of others and especially those people for whom AOP is first online fallout they've ever played.....

A Phoenix citizen

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 11:26:00 AM »

The thing is, resources and gear is too easy to get. At the start of this session there was plenty of players exploring and scavenging the core, but after a month everyone had enough gear for the rest of the session. So no more scavengers in the core and TC being the end game there is no other thing forcing pvp.

I would suggest:

1- Greatly reduce and randomise the spawn of stuff in the core, forcing many visits instead of looting until you are overloaded every 15 minutes.

2- Remove the safe faction mines and bring back the ungarded *pvp* mines, those always have been great pvp area before they vanished with 2238. Those mines could be added to the core.

3- Make the core more attractive by adding craftbenchs, npcs and TC features (that impact the core).

4- Keep assignments for low lvl players by removing tier 2 loot, lets face it, assignments give you all the gear you need, removing the need to scavenge the core thus removing pvp interactions possibilities. 

Deathproof

« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 11:27:55 AM »

@PorkchopExpress
Spoiler for Hiden:
No, its not. Entire topic is about encouraging  geared players to venture into core for small scale pvp and how to make it a regular thing and you made a snarky remark about family killing bluesuits for a sole purpose of provoking people.

I'm glad family bluesuits when spotted by enemy faction get a free pass....yeah right.

I log in to play the game for 2-3 hours with hopefully constant action, not just wait till someone tells me where is the enemy, I gear up and go search. I have nothing to do in the base, idling and chating is something I do irl when I go out of my house.

Anyway, back to topic, some good suggestions were made, like porkchop said dev's are a small team and we have to be patient, but I just hope they hear it out so we can see their input on the idea/ideas.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 11:54:46 AM »

Family member walks into the core and finds a VTec inside a building

Family member shoots him and says...
Spoiler for Hiden:
"Hey buddy, why so blue?

Thank you, thank you I'm here till wipe

greenthumb

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 01:45:25 PM »

If you would be interested in difference between PK and PVP feel free to PM me, i ll try explain, how those 2 are different in matter of game mechanics aswell as outcome for all participants. But i am not realy interested to discussing obivious again and again, especialy if people reject to think about their own behaviour.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 01:48:18 PM by greenthumb »
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip