Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Energy Weapon suggestions  (Read 10253 times)

PyrO

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Energy Weapon suggestions
« on: October 07, 2014, 08:08:32 AM »

So in general ew weapons are fine however if you meet someone that just wears metal mk1 you can start to run if you use
- laser weapons
- plasma weapons
The only really damage dealing weapon in this case would be the electro damage weapons.

Now the electro rifle with just 3 shots in the gun has a range of 40, while a normal laser rifle has 50 and an extended 65.
I guess now people will be like "still fine so why does he make the tread?"
Ok so the thing is the range is really short and would need more, I mean its the only rifle with electric damage, imo it should be atleast 50 like the laser rifle.

The next thing is the damage of the electro rifle. It's 20-120 wich is .. well the max damage is really good but the min damage? You could throw a stone and probably do more damage if you are unlucky.

So for the damage I would suggest 35-110 to somewhat get the damage of the min damage up while also not making the rifle too strong imo.

Another suggestion is to add a new kind of mfc's. So what about overcharged mfc's? I made a mockup of the item but thats just an idea too.
For the data on the mfcs I guess this could work.
Damage Resistance Modifier    -5
Damage Threshold Resistance Modifier    -33
Damage Modifier    12/10

with an unit price of maybe 1.5 caps therefor a box would be 150 compared to the 90 for the current mfc's

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Weapon suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 08:21:23 AM »

I feel this require math. Ask some asian. (20+120)/2/40= 1.75 avg dmg/ap

But yeah electro rifle sux, maybe add AP drain x5 or more damage.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:04:40 PM »

+1 for the idea  of other 60ish ranged no laser EW
try using Electro SMG like pistol for aimed shots it works somehow ok it saves asses until anything better be made

btw electro rifle and that rad rifle are totaly stupid especialy the lack of aimed shot for RR

there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
  • CERRA LOS OJOS Y ABRI LA BOCA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 03:11:35 PM »

+1 I was thinking to make a thread similar to this

-Electro rifle: complete random damage, 50 range(effective range varying from 38 to 45 according to char), 3 shots and 50ap to reload(still 40 with perk). IT SUCKS HARD
-Rad rifle: no aim capacity, 30 range(18-30 depending on char). Needs full crit build to do some dmg(still worse than aimed shots with almost anything) and with full crit and no aim everytime you score a good crit you knockback your target out of your own shit effective range. SUCKS
-Pulse pistol: same as rad rifle but less dmg and only 22 range! this is the most useless weapon in the game AFAIK.

Mainstream ew weapons are good but all of them are worse compared to their similars in sg/bg. The only weapon that shines over the rest in general terms for me is the solar scorcher but it works only from 7am to 9/10pm ingame so in the best case is situational. Change it to 'Scorcher' and Make it use SEC or even MFC for what i care, but dont leave it as it is  :(
meta vino y porqueria

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 03:21:00 PM »

Decreased DR on Rad Rifle is very good.

Pulse Pistol dps is very good but range sux.

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 03:30:23 PM »

Unaimed DPS is NOT good. Its mediocre as best compared to any aimed dps, even if you dont take into account the effects of aimed crits.

I had like 20 pulse pistols a few weeks ago, tried them in all the situations i could(pve and pvp) and finally ended up sciencing them all but one I keep to check now and then if they get changed  :(

Try a 250ew 10IN 10LK char with pulse pistol and have fun chasing your targets every time you knockback them out of your eff. range giving them chance to escape. Guaranteed no-fun for you  ;D
meta vino y porqueria

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 03:37:41 PM »

Pulse pistol needs a greater ammo capacity.

Kelly

• Wanderer
  • Ingame: Esper, Kelly
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 03:47:26 PM »

Actually, the rad rifle has far outdamagrd any other energy weapons I've used. The damage on that sucker is amazing and you'll get pretty much the same damage putout against any armor. It's an extremely viable weapon, don't know what people are talking about. Huge dps with the right setup. I was thinking maybe a small range see increase could make it more widely used, like maybe from 30 to something like 35-40

PyrO

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2014, 06:39:30 AM »

+1 for the idea  of other 60ish ranged no laser EW
try using Electro SMG like pistol for aimed shots it works somehow ok it saves asses until anything better be made

btw electro rifle and that rad rifle are totaly stupid especialy the lack of aimed shot for RR
Yes I know that the Electro SMG is not that bad, however it has a lesser range too but thats fine as its an smg.
Its just that I don't see the reason to use the Electro rifle at all. It has bad range, really low min damage and 3 shots per reload (thats reallly really low). While the Rad rifle as others said lacks the aiming and also has a rather short range but I do not think that the range is the issue of the rad rifle. The plasma rifle itself has a shorter range than laser too and its fine imo.

artaman

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 02:49:50 PM »

i am very confuse about radiation smg and electricians smg. in item descriptions it give some kind of batman explanation about bullet no being charge for burst mode so energy weapon smg only do normal damage with burst mode.

i am think this should be changed to do proper damage type, as what is point of having burst options on energy weapon that do not do energy damage. maybe for design developer think of this as counter to Nikola Tesla armor but there is other option like the solar scorcher/teammates or just use a small guns. i think this change will give a more variety to tactical nature of the game because player will think twice about wear metal armor mk II for dr stack.
"sPA was a mistake" - cirn0, lead co-playwright of aop. c. 1968

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 12:12:55 PM »

now to clear things out there is Pulse Rifle and TPR unfortunately i dont know anything stat wise about them
maybe YKK32 is supposed to fill the role of antimetal 55-65 range EW weapon
thou both smgs have nonexistent burst their pistol capabilities are outstanding good dmg ,
good perks , ok ap cost , superb range and clip size (for pistols)  and personaly for me the non signature fire  and somewhat smoother animation (after all they use normal smg frames) make the fudged  shots and escapes around corner very rare

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2014, 04:13:16 AM »

My only EW suggestions are a sneak-EW, making Pulse Pistol non-useless and add Multiplas and Laser RCW.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2014, 08:50:23 AM »

I just tried pulse pistol in ZC again, still very good, dps on this thing is crazy.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2014, 05:04:49 AM »

metal armors are THE most popular choice of armor in server and they make laser weapons useless and so it happens laser rifle is the only mid ranged weapon available
scorcher is good weapon cuz of fire dmg and armor shred BUT fire animation is among the slowest from all weapon and and needs fkn sun to work

ps is it me or laser projectiles have slower travel time than bullets ???

artaman

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2014, 08:30:35 AM »

metal armors are THE most popular choice of armor in server and they make laser weapons useless and so it happens laser rifle is the only mid ranged weapon available

yes!! this is why electrician smg burst should be change to proper electric damage type. so it will be useful as laser rifle side arm against combat armor/metal armor counter as a quick shoot weapon instead of 15 damage normal burst type weapon it is now.
"sPA was a mistake" - cirn0, lead co-playwright of aop. c. 1968

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2014, 07:28:46 PM »

Bump to this  :(

-change electroSMG burst dmg from normal to electric and radSMG to plasma
-give some love to all ew rifles(at least electro, rad and plasma)
-buff solar scorcher(i don't believe anyone playing will consider it antifalloutish in comparison to all the changes this server proposes), make it use sec/mfc at night or just keep it like it is and make new 'scorcher' that works the same but uses sec/mfc
-buff/change magneto-laser/plasma ext.cap/pulse pistols so they can be better than radSMG as pistols
meta vino y porqueria

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2014, 01:44:26 AM »

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/284084

at 9:30, sylvicius using pulse pistol.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2014, 01:51:15 AM »

http://www.hitbox.tv/video/284084

at 9:30, sylvicius using pulse pistol.

That moment when he runs in, wastes all of his ap without doing a single crit and killing any1? ;)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2014, 02:08:11 AM »

Exactly, dat feel when no crit.  :-[

Also for solar scorcher, you need leadership module +40% fire damage to be super effective.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 04:30:27 AM by Niamak »

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2014, 01:54:03 PM »

scorcher is fine without any modules it just need reliable power source no other change (well maybe ....u know in the end this weapon is ....sniper of sort .... it need is same visual as other EW rifles and to be powered by MFC and maybe 6 str and normal reload time )

Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip