Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Calling all Vtec  (Read 34471 times)

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
Re: Calling all Vtec
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »

Oh my, is the hell frozen? The sky fell on earth? Lawyers start to advocate gaming "for fun", not "for win".

I don't speak for the entirety of a faction.  Im a person, not a figurehead.

yeh thats some good mode , lawyers have military mind were everybody can be free ... we dont need any leaders to have fun

I'll remember that for next time you quit aop or have a 32 line crying fit on IRC.

remember one thing , courier never cries

i think you meant, courier always cries. we have website dedicated to it. I'll show u later ;)
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

lvhoang

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2015, 01:25:08 PM »

Caboose, we get it, you're very excited about this game.... so are most of us.
But seriously though, you do have a big mouth, I'll give you that.

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2015, 01:41:22 PM »

Caboose, we get it, you're very excited about this game.... so are most of us.
But seriously though, you do have a big mouth, I'll give you that.

Thanks...I think.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2015, 03:27:26 PM »

If you TK your own faction, thats infighting despite what you want to think. And caboose, this is what separates normal human beings from you. All of us aren't hell-bent on "winning" (whatever that means in a game like Fallout) most people are playing this game to enjoy themselves. I think you ARE playing a completley different game from everyone else, because in the AoP I play it's about putting up a good fight and having a good time, not winning by any means neccesary. It seems to me like you take this way too fucking seriously, and to you AoP is some real struggle that you're a part of or some shit. And if not you are just to focused on winning to notice that you have firmly inserted your head up your own ass. Faction switching needs to happen, some factions were never going to be combat capable or organized. You would tell everyone in BBoys to stay? Are you kidding me? Their faction is deader than disco. The entire server is not your fucking enemy, but you treat them all like it.

I would say that many Lawyers/Family/BBoys share the same opinion, and probably some VTEC too shy to assert themselves. I would add that the victory had already happened, under V-TEC flag, under lawyer flag, under Family flag and maybe under BBoys flag, when those factions managed to get all the zones, while actually fighting to get those zones. That history is over. What is currently happening is an almost dead server which need to have people encouraged to stay in the four factions. A server it is our common responsability to make it fun and balanced. Some want or actually try to work on those while some others (plural) just care about their ego, while at the same time calling others egos...

I tried to stay in the family, I tried to organize people and get them on comms, but at the end of the day they just didn't care to communicate regardless of the situatuation. It's impossible to build on what you have when the foundation is mud. So I switched factions and found people who actually wanted to communicate and have fun, what I'd been trying to do in Family since damn near AoPs launch. Factions aren't some sort of special club, they're just colors and the sooner you realize that, the better.

I wouldn't say that the family foundation is mud. Just that, from my point of view, family don't advocate big leadership or voice communication, much (they still do a bit) and not many people want to lead. But it is fine. Those people still got a huge chunk of experience and won many battles in equal or lower number, just because they learnt by watching others and got better reflexes. Their organization is different, but it is effective. Lawyer aren't that different most of the time. If we except a few, not always there, strong leaders (and one of them have god-like skills), they can participate in a lot of action with minimal input from leadership. The more experienced player share their knowledge with the others, while the others watch how they move. We don't shun players who act a bit randomly as long as their action don't cost the lives of others.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 03:35:39 PM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2015, 10:38:56 PM »

Hey guys, it's possible to build to a mud house. You just need add some wood.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2015, 02:54:03 AM »

Is there any wood in post-nuclear Arizona ?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 03:58:43 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2015, 03:06:52 AM »

You know you won an argument when they start posting bullshit  ;)

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2015, 07:40:56 PM »

Did u play DM map?

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 24, 2015, 01:03:51 AM »

Blah blah stuff I wrote

I would say that many Lawyers/Family/BBoys share the same opinion, and probably some VTEC too shy to assert themselves. I would add that the victory had already happened, under V-TEC flag, under lawyer flag, under Family flag and maybe under BBoys flag, when those factions managed to get all the zones, while actually fighting to get those zones. That history is over. What is currently happening is an almost dead server which need to have people encouraged to stay in the four factions. A server it is our common responsability to make it fun and balanced. Some want or actually try to work on those while some others (plural) just care about their ego, while at the same time calling others egos...

more stuff I wrote

I wouldn't say that the family foundation is mud. Just that, from my point of view, family don't advocate big leadership or voice communication, much (they still do a bit) and not many people want to lead. But it is fine. Those people still got a huge chunk of experience and won many battles in equal or lower number, just because they learnt by watching others and got better reflexes. Their organization is different, but it is effective. Lawyer aren't that different most of the time. If we except a few, not always there, strong leaders (and one of them have god-like skills), they can participate in a lot of action with minimal input from leadership. The more experienced player share their knowledge with the others, while the others watch how they move. We don't shun players who act a bit randomly as long as their action don't cost the lives of others.

I may have overdramatized the Family's situation because of my experience, and I had also not considered what you said about the difference in organization. I guess my personal perferences lie elsewhere. While Family was a fun time, I've never seen members of any other faction forcefully resist getting on voip. That was extremely offputting to me.

I have only recently been playing during the prime-time hours of ZC, and before that I was almost always on anywhere from 8pm to 12am PST. During the evening/morning hours of the pacific timezone, I met Komerade sometimes, a lot of randoms who weren't terrible at the game, but I never really saw them much afterwards even at the same hours. Most of my experience (because of my job and timezone) has been pretty sad. I've definitely seen Family do some fine work, but it was far and few between the absolute massacres. Like you pointed out, the Family foundation might not be mud, but it is vastly different from the way everyone else conducts themselves. I guess it's not a bad thing perse, but I'm too used to voice comms from years of playing with groups.

The server is most certainly almost dead disregarding the dedicated players that keep it alive.  As for balance, my two cents is that there are really only ever enough players online at one time to have reliably fun and sorta-balanced ZC between two factions, which in the end was another major reason for my switch. I do think rampant character switching is a problem, but I cannot think of a way to curb it other than like you said, encouraging players to stay in a faction.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #49 on: July 24, 2015, 03:25:58 AM »

Did u play DM map?

If it is the airport for the event yes. If it is another map, i am looking forward to try it.

Marxman > Indeed, american timezone might be even worse than european timezone for number of players...

paragon

« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2015, 05:56:00 AM »

Yo, v-tec.
If we have 8+ an any moment of the time we could organise something interesting.

I'll be on mumble evening. Come join.

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2015, 05:59:17 AM »

Yo, v-tec.
If we have 8+ an any moment of the time we could organise something interesting.

I'll be on mumble evening. Come join.

+++

I'll be on! :D

VanCarnY

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2015, 06:10:03 AM »

i'll be on with one serrated spear and 15 of stalker's smoke grenades  8)

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2015, 06:29:11 AM »

You know, it isn't forbidden to play if you are less than 8.

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2015, 06:34:43 AM »

Brace yourselves, swarm is coming.

<insert Sean Bean>

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2015, 07:03:41 AM »

calling all twats

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2015, 09:39:18 AM »

I'll be on Vtec mumble all afternoon and this evening, lets try and get some pvp going tonight.

antohha

• Wiki Editor
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2015, 12:35:32 PM »

my cu cam is rdy!

Kurwier

« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2015, 12:52:05 PM »

gl and hf

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #59 on: September 21, 2015, 03:39:16 PM »

6 V-Tecs on...I wonder who they'll fight.  ::)

Oh it was 8 (1 in sPA) vs 5 :D

Once they fight someone, 5 more will log on :D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:51:22 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip