Author Topic: City core activities.  (Read 4635 times)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
City core activities.
« on: January 26, 2015, 01:21:55 PM »

It's been suggested before, and maybe you guys are even working on it, but there needs to be more things to do in the core besides loot, kill geckos, and ZC.

So there needs to be special npc merchants in the core, little mini quests ( find an item in the core?)
Kill such and such special npc in the core, etc  etc.

FrankenStone

Re: City core activities.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2015, 09:42:10 AM »

+1

Matulaak

• Wastelander
  • Sewer Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2015, 10:28:55 AM »

Yes pls +1

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2015, 02:38:37 AM »

Yeah, quest giving NPCs in the core would be downright awesome. What I envision, is if every zone had an underground component (could be 1 or 2 rooms) that basically serves as a meeting room for the representatives of each zone (People live there too, right?). In these rooms you could chat with them and get quests related to said zone. Deathclaw infestations, weapons/armor/things in need of repair, things to scavenge for, the list could be endless. Each of these could be linked to a zone or core rep that allows you access to certain vendors and things in the underground rooms I mentioned before.The vendors would have discounted loot related to what appears in that zone (e.g. Springs/Pipes for Water, Electronic Parts, Robo Hands and Transformers etc for Robco...) for ease of material acquisition if finding it appears too damn hard.  Its just some brainstorming, but I would like more acitivty in the core regardless.

(Disclaimer: These rooms/zone hq's qould have to be locked during ZC.)

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2015, 06:02:45 AM »

Yeah, quest giving NPCs in the core would be downright awesome. What I envision, is if every zone had an underground component (could be 1 or 2 rooms) that basically serves as a meeting room for the representatives of each zone (People live there too, right?). In these rooms you could chat with them and get quests related to said zone. Deathclaw infestations, weapons/armor/things in need of repair, things to scavenge for, the list could be endless. Each of these could be linked to a zone or core rep that allows you access to certain vendors and things in the underground rooms I mentioned before.The vendors would have discounted loot related to what appears in that zone (e.g. Springs/Pipes for Water, Electronic Parts, Robo Hands and Transformers etc for Robco...) for ease of material acquisition if finding it appears too damn hard.  Its just some brainstorming, but I would like more acitivty in the core regardless.

(Disclaimer: These rooms/zone hq's qould have to be locked during ZC.)

We need PvP quests.

Killed 5 Family members in 1 hours. Theses cod be a variable on things like faction numbers and zones captureD.

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2015, 09:34:33 AM »

Lots of good ideas here.

Initially, the plan was to fill the original ZC maps with NPC's, being protected by the faction and providing certain services to its members. For example, Gunrunners is supposed to be a merchant place and Worehouse... be an actual whorehouse. It was postponed mainly because of the challenge it would have been to make those NPC's behaving properly considering pvp going on on these maps. Potential abuses are also problematic, such as making char in another faction to get the advantages of the zone. We also had in mind to allow factions to cooperate officially for zone capturing and share rewards, but I dunno what became of that aspect.

I agree anyway that there should be more stuff to do in the Core. Exploration is a thing - for example all the upper and underground levels of many buildings, I had planned for example to introduce a quest in RobCo to disable the laser and gain access to other levels of the facility -, but there has indeed to be more. And those things always imply potential abuses that have to be taken care of.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2015, 09:55:30 AM »

That's why i can't stop reading news about AOP.

Thank you.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip