Author Topic: Trophies from fallen enemies  (Read 4561 times)

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
Trophies from fallen enemies
« on: January 18, 2015, 06:41:34 PM »

If anyone played Diablo 2 on battlenet back in the day, something you treasured dearly was your collection of ears taken from dead players (At least I did). I would love something like this to be implemented in AoP. Say, you kill an enemy, and I can see 3 options:

a) A finger/Ear/other small extremity drops into the players inventory after he dies, and only the player who killed him can see it. Make it have no weight and make them sellable at a faction NPC.

b) Same thing happens with the extremity, but any player that did damage to the dead person can pick it up off the body.

c) Same thing happens with the extremity, but any player can pick it up. I don't really like this as it means you get trophies you didn't earn; but someone may have a perspective I do not.

Make them worth a rather small sum ( I dunno, 50-100 caps or something stupid, maybe less) and bingo you have some more motivation to get out there and feed your blood thirst again.

One last thing to Clarify: I don't care very much if they're worth caps, it would just be nice. I want the trophy.

What does everyone think?

Stem Sunders

Re: Trophies from fallen enemies
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2015, 07:25:25 PM »

+1 for option A

I think 25 caps would be sufficient, or even something like +10 to reputation or exp, per trophy collected/redeemed. It doesn't have to be about the monetary gain.
If not, I would keep them under my bed in an old V-Tech branded lunchbox.

Its just one more perk of actually doing some fighting.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:29:11 PM by Stem Sunders »

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2015, 01:27:33 AM »

If only there was a way to make this un-exploitable.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2015, 03:11:30 AM »

It's not about any rewards, it's about acquiring useless trophies for your own pleasure. Can't see that being exploited ^^.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2015, 07:20:10 AM »

I don't think option A would be all that exploitable.

Upon killing an enemy the trophy is placed into their inventory, its up to the killer to grab that as no one but the killer can see it.

I don't see where its exploitable as you would have to make the kill, putting effort into getting your trophy. The reward (If any) should be really small.

Maybe I'm missing how it might be exploited?

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 08:56:24 AM »

IMO, legendary weapons, faction armors, Bounties & fame already fit the bill...
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Stem Sunders

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 09:17:21 AM »

IMO, legendary weapons, faction armors, Bounties & fame already fit the bill...

I disagree my friend, hear me out.

IMO, None of these fit the bill, Legendary weapons show that someone (Anyone) used that weapon to kill X number of enemies. These can be lost and traded, even broken.
Faction armors can be bought from vendors/found in the core (by anyone), sure you can win them from fallen enemies but its still not the same as having a trophy that only you can obtain for killing someone.

If I killed you and Komrade came and took your Law armor, how is that my trophy? Its not even his trophy its just a piece of armor, Can't always prove it came from you directly.
I might as well call any piece of equipment retrieved from a dead enemy a trophy in that case but we don't, we call it loot/equipment. To be used again and probably lost in much the same way as it was retrieved.
Bounties that reset after you are killed aren't exactly a trophy, And what about fame? You dont have to kill a number of enemies to get to the maximum fame/infamy, You only ever have to shoot at them and do damage, I think thats all it takes for your infamy to increase with a faction.

I dont know, I just don't see any of these as true trophies.

I want an ear with your name and maybe your level at the time in its description, not the armor you died in. Asking too much perhaps and maybe not necessary but its just an idea and opinion.

And again I just want to keep them in a box in my room, maybe make a necklace or two.  ;D
The more I think about it the more unnecessary it seems though...Still cool and I want it, but unnecessary all the same.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 09:46:10 AM by Stem Sunders »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2015, 12:39:38 PM »

- Legendary Weapons
I wasn't refering to the process of creating a legendary weapon, but looting it from enemies.
Let's say suff built a legendary weapon called "suff". Komrad killed him and took it.
On the hall of fame, you will see "Komrad's Suff". Everyone on the server know that komrad owned suff and took its weapon. (it is just an example)
But, as you mentioned, komrad might have just looted the weapon after RedRum killed suff.

- Faction armors
Color me intrigued. I thought they could only be obtained from fallen enemies.
I will check further for these core vendors.

- Bounties
Sure it reset, but it function as short term achievements. You indeed killed targets, and the bigger is the target, the higher is your reward. But it reset indeed, so as everything at some points.

- Fame

Not only related with killing. But it never disapear (except with that huge rollback, or with wipe). This provide you a rank, that is not seen much, unfortunately. (i think it should appear under the name with awareness) and is a testimony of your active participation in PVP.

About your idea, i am not sure it need custom items (would it hurt server memory/calculation time ?). It could also be a subsection of your killing stats in character sheet.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:56:18 PM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2015, 01:24:33 PM »

About faction armors - They don't come from vendors in the core obviously, I have found two sets of faction armor before. Once in eastern square, in the most easterly building closest to Family gate
(On a table)
Second time, In PV Poly in one of the northern out buildings (on a set of shelves.)

If it means anything one was Family CA and other a V-Tec, Both were in bad condition.

I agree fame should be a little more in the spotlight somehow, right now it only really serves as something nice to look at?
It does only go so high/low though, I would prefer it to be infinite :D
Other than that, I don't really have any ideas about it myself though.

Hmm ok. Agreed, there would be an awful lot of body parts (memory) lying around if we started hacking them off eh? :/ Oh well.

A nice little subsection would be cool, I like the idea of being able to track kills.
Even if its not names, maybe some sort of ranking system?

Just an E.g
Family killed: 3 (Accidents happen)
Brahmin Boys Killed: 24 (Murderer)
Vault Technologists Killed: 63 (Terror)
Lawyers Killed: 45 (Mass Murderer)

« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 01:36:16 PM by Stem Sunders »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 01:55:43 PM »

I think the ranks are limited, but not really the number of fame.
The guys you see as ZC legends in the hall of fame are those who have the most fame.
They all have different number. If there was a (reachable) maximum, the first few guys would have the same number.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 02:38:45 PM »

I think the ranks are limited, but not really the number of fame.
The guys you see as ZC legends in the hall of fame are those who have the most fame.
They all have different number. If there was a (reachable) maximum, the first few guys would have the same number.

....True....

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip