Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Which is the best Fonline game?  (Read 22856 times)

Prosector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Which is the best Fonline game?
« on: September 14, 2014, 07:45:29 AM »

I never tried anything but AOP, I willing to play Aop in the future, but I'm thinking about starting another fonline game which is more like pve (contains cities, quests). What you suggest? How many of these kind of games exist? Are they fun to play in co-op? How they differ from each other? I am not an mmo grinder, I'm looking for quality quests. Isn't there somewhere a list and brief description of all fonline game?

paragon

Re: Which is the best Fonline game?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 08:06:18 AM »

vaultboy

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2014, 08:06:39 AM »

http://fodev.net/status/

But not all games, because there were many clones of TLA, 2238. There were also other projects which was incompleted Desert Europe? or still development.

The best servers are:
- Reloaded (based on 2238 first english server)
- AoP so far but needs more work
- TLA mk2

Singleplayer incoming games:
- Van Buren
- What Remains but probably "frozen"/inactive
- The Tangut Prophecy probably dead, not answers from author, you can find topic somewhere on rpg codex

vaultboy

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2014, 08:08:43 AM »

Open source 2238, you can play as "singleplayer" if you want to check how it looks http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,29387.0.html

or russian orginal TLA sdk http://fodev.net/forum/index.php/topic,24341.0.html

Stem Sunders

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2014, 08:09:20 AM »

I have played Reloaded, Fonline2 and now AOP. This is by far the best experience  I have had so far. Even though AOP concentrates more on PvP I find there is still tons of fun to be had with just the environment. Yes there are not that many quests as of yet, as ZC is one of the main attractions in phoenix. I just count the enemy players as part of the environment so in a way it is PvE.

Were you thinking of trying to make your own version of Fonline with more PvE elemements? or just asking if there is one that already exists?

In short, stay here. for the others are dark and full of trolls :p

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2014, 08:34:26 AM »

still waiting for
www.LastFrontier.ru
;), Hope it will be great.
p.s.
cvet and his company are the ones that are making it (FOnline SDK is cvet's creation).

Also:
TLAMk2 is an awesome server, tried playing on Reloaded\Requiem\FOnline2, always returned back to TLA.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2014, 08:52:33 AM by Myakot »
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

vaultboy

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2014, 08:40:25 AM »

Oh yes last frontier, forgot about it :P Anyway there should be written history of fonline which include all games, developers etc.

Prosector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2014, 09:28:23 AM »

Thank you guys for the fast reply, the fodev.net link was actually very useful. I enjoy pvp more than pve if it comes to multiplayer, but Fallout 1-2 was an awesome single player rpg and I seek an opportunity to have similar experience in co-op with friends.

Were you thinking of trying to make your own version of Fonline with more PvE elemements? or just asking if there is one that already exists?

noo i meant start an account and play :$

Stem Sunders

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2014, 09:29:41 AM »

That makes more sense :p

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2014, 11:35:38 AM »

(...) I enjoy pvp more than pve if it comes to multiplayer, but Fallout 1-2 was an awesome single player rpg and I seek an opportunity to have similar experience in co-op with friends.
(...)

I think TLA is closest to that at the time, for it is one of the oldest projects and therefore has the most content in terms of quests/ stuff to do.
The true Fallout feeling however is something you still have yet to find on all these servers... The transition from single- to multiplayergame generally is always cutting off some things that were great in single player but just can't be realized for multiplayer without opening tons of abuse/cheating possibilities. That results in such sad things like Charisma stat or gambling skills having absolutely no appliance anymore.
AoP is a completely new setting, so off lore it could be another game. 2238/Reloaded brings you the classic core region, but without alts it's a pain in the ass to play. FOnline2 is an alternative off-lore setting in the core region which has huge potential but still needs a lot more content. TLA I only played shortly and apart from having the most complex crafting system and actual quests that continue stories from the old games, there is also a lot of crap and absurdities in there, like those blood and gore horror scene maps etc. Dunno about all the other servers, some are in russian only, some have 20 players max a day, was never worth checking out for me. Desert Europe looked interesting, but again very off-lore.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2014, 11:41:21 AM »

Reloaded was good...then a lot of shit started happening that made it bad. (Abuse,unbalance with implants,Turbo was too OP,motion sensors everywhere,tanks tanks tanks )

FO2 just sucked.

2238 was cool but died :V so now aop my favorite server

Aco

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2014, 04:45:50 PM »

Reloaded was good...then a lot of shit started happening that made it bad. (Abuse,unbalance with implants,Turbo was too OP,motion sensors everywhere,tanks tanks tanks )

FO2 just sucked.

2238 was cool but died :V so now aop my favorite server

Im sure it is. I mean like there is no hexing, No damage perks, any noob build works. Pretty much noob freindly. I can understand why its ur fav )

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2014, 06:54:13 PM »

Kestrel if you want to start a fight. PM me instead.

Also AoP my favorite server because it has a lot of new weapons, new mechanics, different armors, traits,perks, every type of weapon is balanced. Nothing is OP because everything has a pros and cons. Oh, and you can revive players, my #1 reason.

blasma khan

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2014, 03:41:11 AM »

With the exception of old 2238 sessions, (session 5 and under) this is the best one so far in terms of greater amount of features and balance.

Butthead

• Wastelander
  • aop kicks ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2014, 04:53:12 AM »

The best thing about this server is that everyone can participate in PVP and everyone is useful , not only little hermetic clans like on other servers. Here we must unite to survive&conquer. This server kicks ass.

wojciech

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2014, 12:37:09 PM »

In my opinion:
advantages AoP
-perks in weapons
-different weapons usable in pvp
-something new with greath graphic objects
-new mechanics(like fa, crafting)
-tough npcs
-leadership bonuses
disadvantages:
-next sniper noob friendly game(so swarm takes most part in activities)
-no 1hex feature in game based in hexagonal architecture(sorry for my english)
-AoP will be good game after 2-3 wipes(bugs, exploits)
-always not full organisation inside factions

Fo2:
advantages:
-hexing,
-original fallout map
-one mistake and you can be dead
-bazooka(hex shooting)
-wipe is comming(so a lot of new dungeons etc)
-big community

disadvantages:
-terrible lags (moonwalking)
-t4 totally unbalanced(and some rare t3 also)
-only few weapon worth to use(maybe it will be changed after wipe)
-you need good build to survive
-op knockouts(dissbalance in character builds and too big bonuses from wepaons)

Its only my subjective opinion. I really respect developers for their work cuz they are doing it for free in their free time.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2014, 12:40:21 PM »

"-always not full organisation inside factions"
I'm sorry, but it can't be considered a flaw ^^, besides you're off-topping.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2014, 10:28:50 AM »

lol...most of things you mentioned as disadvantages in aop have happened in fo2.....Bugs and exploits?I still rememeber certain players from fo2 who had kmh kmh lot of caps etc.Will be good after 2-3 wipes?Sure like every other server is improving over time.Faction organisation i won't comment...Only thing i agree is that snipers need to be hurted a little bit and they should increase % of one hex bullets,but it should never go 100% bullets like in fo2 or other servers at 1 hex bcz people have various pings,pc's etc.
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Louis

• Wanderer
  • North Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2014, 04:16:59 PM »

What about 2238 made the "Faction mod" and the "Town-Control" + "Merc System" +++..

Anyways, my opinion :
- AoP
- FO2
- Reloaded
- Desert Europe
- TLA MK2
- FOnline : Surface Dwellers (Not tried it, but this one gonna kick-ass with the zombies concept)
Crazy 88

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2014, 05:41:41 PM »

I personally liked TLA MK2 and Requiem quite a bit.

2238/Reloaded isn't that great for PvP but the features were flush, and since it was probably most english speaking player's first FOnline, had some great moments there.

Didn't really get into FO2 for being kind of unimaginative derivative of 2238 and Reloaded being a rehash of 2238 as well.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip