Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Tips on Builds  (Read 15918 times)

powerplay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: Tips on Builds
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 11:39:58 AM »

melee is not that big deal, look at vids, there are some but its not like "only viable build" no way
just keep distance and as john said use some spammer to wind them by torso shots or supress by burst so they cant run to you
current ZC mechanic allows ppl to just camp in buildings with melees and attackers are forced to get close to close-mid range to kill them so there arent even much snipers and most of ppl play with shotguns, rad rifles, melees, deagle and such close range builds and melees have nice chance there but i guess its because of small scale of fights, after wipe with bigger scale pvp i will wish goold luck to camping, also nades are very effective way against building/window camping

edit : also voodoo is your friend to run away from them :) not much people using drugs properly, they are very situational but strong if you know when to use them
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 11:49:32 AM by powerplay »

2222s1

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2016, 07:16:09 PM »

As a person who is relatively new (about 1/2 month pvp) the easiest and most effective build new players can use and get comfortable with is either a burst shotgun or a BAR/Johnson. Shotguns do a lot of damage for a relatively low ap cost. they don't require any special tactics to use and can help your squad greatly against sneakers or melee builds with knockback. Plus the ammo is relatively cheap
Bend the knee or be destroyed.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2016, 10:08:23 PM »

edit : also voodoo is your friend to run away from them :) not much people using drugs properly, they are very situational but strong if you know when to use them

Well with voodoo it's either good for rushing or running away. Sometimes if a melee guy is chasing you and takes voodoo and you also take voodoo right after him, you can lead him to a goose chase until he becomes winded...and that's your chance to kill him.

Unless he's melee grenadier with concussion grenades then you're fugged.

Blinkz

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2016, 06:08:34 AM »

well still trying to beat the melee sneak its like 0-50 at least not op or anything just dont have a chance at all
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 06:22:58 AM by Blinkz »

Blinkz

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2016, 07:13:34 AM »

still think the melee sneaker is op havnt beaten him yet sometimes he does up to 290 dmg i dunno this is kinda killing the game for me atm.

pretty much they are hexing me in fonline2 with an avenger but with a melee weapon so you pretty much cant miss it ....
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 07:19:45 AM by Blinkz »

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2016, 07:25:12 AM »

still think the melee sneaker is op havnt beaten him yet sometimes he does up to 290 dmg i dunno this is kinda killing the game for me atm.

pretty much they are hexing me in fonline2 with an avenger but with a melee weapon so you pretty much cant miss it ....

You are fighting pewpew in sneak.

I love Clochard

« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2016, 07:34:00 AM »

well it is me who keeps killing you

Tips:
1. stop running alone, go with your teammates, ask your teammates to add you to fire squad, you will be able to see them on the map
2. i can deal dmg only if i hit you from behind on sneak mode, try to have you back covered, stay with your back to the wall
3. use the weapon with burst, aoe, and use the ctrl to hex shooting the area where you are expecting sneaker, you will reveal him
4. high perception helps to detect sneakers

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2016, 08:31:35 AM »

Tips:
1. stop running alone, go with your teammates, ask your teammates to add you to fire squad, you will be able to see them on the map
2. i can deal dmg only if i hit you from behind on sneak mode, try to have you back covered, stay with your back to the wall
3. use the weapon with burst, aoe, and use the ctrl to hex shooting the area where you are expecting sneaker, you will reveal him

Typical Lawyer attack from behind...
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

I love Clochard

« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2016, 08:38:39 AM »

Tips:

yeah better camp toilet with ripper ;]

Blinkz

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2016, 09:06:27 AM »

:/

oh well least i know what build i wonna be on wipe 1-2 hitting all the newbs with melee weps lol they wont have enough hp to survive =o

« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 09:19:42 AM by Blinkz »

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2016, 09:30:26 AM »

Tips:

yeah better camp toilet with ripper ;]

I have secret weapon for tonight.
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2016, 10:12:54 AM »

:/

oh well least i know what build i wonna be on wipe 1-2 hitting all the newbs with melee weps lol they wont have enough hp to survive =o

jokes on you, that weapon wont exist until near the end of the next season

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 12:03:02 PM »

You are fighting pewpew in sneak.

Could also be me. I've killed many people with the wakizashi. Shit is too OP but devs think its fine so just using it for fun. Hell, you don't even need to attack from the back, also from the sides. Sometimes head on, KO them and run behind them to finish them. I like how I always kill pewpew when I see him  :D

Enemy is wounded? D.E.A.D
Enemy is deployed sniper? D.E.A.D
Enemy shooting someone else? D.E.A.D
Enemy is just standing still? D.E.A.D

Only times I've been killed is when I go into a building and turn the corner, only to face another player and he chases me. Also clochard the only guy to constantly turn around when he catches a glimpse of me. Everyone else just runs away

Wakizashi won't be available right after wipe, it's probably gonna be tier 9 which won't be seen for quite a while.

As I said, it's too OP. I've made 110k meme bucks ever since I started using wakizashi which was like last week. If you want to counter them, take SAW and some knockback weapon like deagle .50. Or even roll needler sneak with Mozambique to completely outplay them. Pancor with flechette destroys sneaks and CTRL shoot. Lots of players forget this exist since its like the only FOnline with it.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 12:07:58 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2016, 12:17:59 PM »

Enemy is wounded? D.E.A.D
Enemy is deployed sniper? D.E.A.D
Enemy shooting someone else? D.E.A.D
Enemy is just standing still? D.E.A.D

Enemy is not alone? URDEAD

Kurwier

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2016, 12:30:37 PM »

wakibuilds best allah akbar builds in AoP , u can trade waki and leathercoat equipment plus your life which is hella cheap in comparison to anything else ( i believe even sandrobe is more worth ) for anything else , you can even trade your allah akbar build for spa build etc. its like true dschijhad gameplay ... just go piss people off and respawn with loosing nuthing not even with loot enabled ... nothing which im seeking for from aop gameplay , even old waki wasnt that hard with its meta but its feeling very similar and i got already some strange feelings that all this stuff which was already fixed sometimes after 2014 get a straight revert back to the state like it was at 2014 , i duno why but i can clearly see it ... maybe devs want to hide all changes and revert as much possible stuff ... another example is the lazerrifle , i remember this thing from the start of the season and many people used it becoz of huge dmg and kos ( back then we had other critmechanics but the damage and criteffects kinda similar like to the 2014 state atm only that ko is replaced with blinding the enemy ) , so gg i dunno what the secret plans are but i can clearly see some things feel alot like in beginning of 2014 recently ...

i mean its all ok , i like the lazerrifle ... but some things are strange becoz sneak detecting formula changed and from behind its really good game if u got a achar with average PE ... never calculate around maximum , calculate around average and give those 2 hex sneak detection from back to 1 PE chars kurva not 5 ... its like u cant even spot it before enemy got his eff wepaon range which is 3 hexes on waki atm LOL.

lazerwaffle is ok , still feeling alot like 2014 but dont touch it becoz otherwise people will say again pls give ew senpai so it a never ending circle , just look on sneak detection stuff all dis sneakstuff feels like hella broken wip atm with all dem weapon range changes in addition.

its really hard to balance anyway , the allmighty sneak situation becasue what u wanna do ...u moved the wepaon category alrdy away from sneak , so theres no real declaration of whats being a sneak weapon it could be anything and if u go the same route in the other direction and ask what is a waki balde for ah melee skill sou go through melee gameplay and see that theres better stuff available for visible chars like ripper etc not need to behind the enemy , nobody wud even try use waki on a visible char so its all a mess and not a clear declaration of what sneak shud be ... because from mechanics u dont see what it should be ... so someone should enlighten us

-praise the sun

sneak is everything and nuthing in the same time , doomed to play with waki or needler which arent even sneak guns ... i wud rather see snipersneaks back in game instead of this annyoing allah akbar stuff which u cant put anything back atm becoz of awesome detection formula ...

i remember even not having so much troubles with old wakisneaks becoz u cud spot them way easier and it was ez to kill them one on one with a shotty but those times are gone ... some new player alrdy adressing this is a perfect example of "that theres soemthing wrong"

ok now i will type what i would do if i wud be in charge ...

1. i would revert the to the old sneak detetction calculations ...

why ?

because they were developed around the other current mechanics and making sense , like a char with far sightrange can easier spot a sneak than a char without far sightrange ( snipers > sneakers ) , you can also clearly see that moving the detection just to PE doesnt work becoz its like changing just one cog of many cogwheels and this doenst work without adjuting for example PE in a whole ( atm it is crystal clear that PE doenst play such a big role in gaining sightrange , so this would have need bo be tweaked first before changing any other mechanic relating to it)

2. revert only sneakskill related weapons

why?

becasue it is a bad idea to give the sneak all wepaons in theory but in praxis you got also horrible weightlimits which on the other hand leading directly to the opposite and forcing the sneak to take the doomed shit ala low carryweight ( aka needler , machete , waki ). if you would give the sneak deidcated wepaons it would be crystal clear.

on the other hand if you dont wanna stick to this than u have to rework it completely , like deleting the weightlimits and balance the sneakpenalties around armors (e.g. if u want to prevent bg sneaks in ca mk3s you would have to give this armors some huge sneak penalty somewhere in the mechanics [ could be added with visible armor traits also ]) i mean it would still be possible to take an avneger with a leather jacket coat w.e. but its not as much harming as someone in ca mk3 etc ( you could also add these sneakpenalty traits in theory on guns etc.) , so in first place you would really have to make your mind made up about what role sneaks should play ... like limiting them to just a few weapons or give them freedom aka no sneakskill related wepaons , armors etc.

3. remove this fucken sneak contesting a zone

why?

sneaks are meant to be sneaky and not to contest a whole fuggen army just for lolz
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:24:49 PM by FrankenStone »
Pages: 1 [2]

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip