Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Map will be blue.  (Read 26676 times)

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
Re: Map will be blue.
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »

> You do it every day since months.
lol, you obviously need to do what you advice to others:

Be specific.

> If you have a small bit of awareness, you would notice it
sorry, it seems we have no. So why do you still care?

Because it impacts on the other factions.
Anyway, if the same thing happen everyday for entire months, it isn't far stretched that you would notice it at some point. And even if you don't, as i said, you can easily check the number of people online.
> Only those who have numbers, can leave to join another faction for re-balancing purpose
only those who haven't numbers, can advertise server and bring more people in their faction for balancing. So probably you can make people appear in Family/Lawyers/BBoys.
Why don't you all in lawyers leave and join family btw? You'll surely have more people than v-tec.
We don't want more people that=b V-TEC and we don't want the lawyer or the family to disapear, like we are sad to see the BBoys not being able to do a thing these days. The four factions should have balanced number, not everyone vs V-TEC.

Beside that, you compare things that cannot be compared. I can spend 24h/day to advertize the server, on internet, in Real Life, shouting in the street to make people come, at the end, it is up to them to come. I am in a faction that have twice the number of other, i'll pick my stuff and change faction. In one case, it depends of randomness, in the other, my action has a direct verifiable impact.

> you didn't make any step to work on the issue.
I did more than you at least.

Did you move your platoon from a faction from another to balance things (like we did at some point) ? Did you anything that is worthy of mentioning ?
If you intend to say that you did more than me, start by telling something you did. Start little, do something usefull. Then we can talk about how to go further.

> You mean like suff crying about spears as soon as they lost agains't BBoys, and then not complaining when swarming ?
When did he lose against spears? (: Didn't get the question though. Obviously can't read.

Suff=Paragon if i am not wrong.
You mentioned someone asking for nerf when they lose, and not complaining when they swarm. I pointed out some of your recent reaction, that caused quite some talks.

> Did you make a single attempt to convince the BBoys to come back, to help them ?
No. Why do I have to?

First, they mention you as the prime responsible.
Second, it was the only squad of BBoys. They disapear, the BBoys can't play, and everyone lose one of their opponement, and we are all one step away further from the balance between 4 factions.
Third, considering you outnumber other faction, you can easily tell 5 of your guys to move to BBoys and still have enough people to face Lawyers and Family.

> Doesn't bother you a little bit that people leave thinking (right or wrong) that it was your  fault ?
No. There's no respect and communication as we know already, and they obviously didn't try solve it, more like otherwise. Not my fault that people like you believe in what they want to believe.
I might also point out opinions that i emphasis when they appear, but there are also actual fact and very persistent pattern your faction is actually responsible. (not saying it is only you. You are just the one who think he can outright deny those)

> Don't you think we all have a responsability to make the server entertaining for everyone, not just you ?
While "entertaining for everyone" is obviously not possible, I dare to think that I'm the one of the most concerned about this server being at least populated. And I can't blame myself for not working on it.

Once again, tell us what you did to bring people into the server, and what you did for the balance between the factions.

> Instead of giving irrelevant advices, trying to win forum war and mocking about respect it'd be much better of you to check what's going on with char planner. I believe some newcomers might be confused.
You're right, but I need some fun from time to time as well, it was a hard week (:
What exactly is wrong except outdated perks / bleed ? There's a topic for it and no one reported anything. I guess, cuz there's no respect and communication, so better to not show that you tried to use my char planner

Last time i tried, there was a lot of miscalculations about skillpoints, but i don't mind. This is not the issue here.

------

I need to emphasis something again. When you do act in positive way, people react in positive way. Don't expect the worse reaction for everything. Even if you don't want to believe it, when people say compliments to you, it means that they liked what you did.

When i cheered you to not swarming that one time, i was actually happy with your behavior this specific moment. You chose to disregard it, but that doesn't mean i was dishonest.

Anyway, the point is, if you start to work on your issues, people will notice and aknowledge that.
Some will praise you, some will just restrain themselves from complaining about you.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 08:40:18 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

paragon

« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2015, 08:52:55 AM »

Specific: "If you have a small bit of awareness, you would notice it". By it, I mean that you're wrong in your opinion of "You do it every day since months."

Sorry, you can not (should not) reference some events to people if they can't notice it, because it makes no sense - they won't react to it anyway. That's why your "you don't have a small bit of awareness" and attempt to persuade players to check online makes no sense in combination.

I've noticed a lot of time v-tec fighting with less people than enemy. As a pattern enough.

I don't remember bboys being active in month before spearmen ragequited anyway.
Balanced number in 4 factions isn't supported by current mechanics of the server, but instead swarm is nerfed by new mechanics of bigger paycheck per less active people.

I can spend 24h/day explaining people that weapon is unbalanced or they are wrong in their opinions, but it's up to the to understand. So what's the difference?
Fortunately, I'm not in the faction that have twice the number of other, so I have no reason to move (:

Yes, I was in swarming lawyers in the beginning of the session and changed to v-tec.
I wrote http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=2092.msg16186#msg16186 as a solution which no one ever tried to answer. Although it's not actual anymore.

> "I pointed out some of your recent reaction?"
Reaction to what? xD

> First, they mention you as the prime responsible.
Well, then you're the prime responsible for unbalanced factions.
> Second, They disapeared
Not my fault as I said before.
> Third, considering you outnumber other faction, you can easily tell 5 of your guys to move to BBoys and still have enough people to face Lawyers and Family.
I with my team do not outnumber other factions _often enough_. I'm not in charge with people decision where to play. Although I can TK hellmai if he continue coming as a v-tec (: I'm not having "enough people to face Lawyers and Family" _often enough_.

> When i cheered you to not swarming that one time,
Was the moment my team clearly seen that you don't have enough information to judge us.

> tell us what you did to bring people into the server,
I'm pretty proud with my work over interface at least. I've heard a lot of complaints about uncomfortable controls, and fortunately was able to make them not actual.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2015, 09:58:51 AM »

Specific: "If you have a small bit of awareness, you would notice it". By it, I mean that you're wrong in your opinion of "You do it every day since months."

Not necessary every day, but more often than the opposite. Almost every day. Still, layers aside, the problems remains.

Sorry, you can not (should not) reference some events to people if they can't notice it, because it makes no sense - they won't react to it anyway. That's why your "you don't have a small bit of awareness" and attempt to persuade players to check online makes no sense in combination.
So, let's consider the unlikely and say that not a single V-TEC ever checked the number of players online for 5 months. Let's pretend they cannot, unlike others. Still, they should notice that if no one, or almost no  one showed up on their first timer, there is no need to start 20 other timers. And if no one showed monday and tuesday morning, no one would wednesday morning. If their goal was to PVP, they should have split in teams that would fight each other.

I've noticed a lot of time v-tec fighting with less people than enemy. As a pattern enough.
As a pattern ? Just to remind you, the V-TEC are the guys in blue colors, you know, those who outnumber the other teams.

I don't remember bboys being active in month before spearmen ragequited anyway.

There were the faction with the lowest number, but they were active. Sometimes, they were allied with family, sometimes they were alone. Sometimes, they were visible, sometimes they were sneaking, but they were there.

Balanced number in 4 factions isn't supported by current mechanics of the server,
That we agree about. We should definitely have more features to improve the balance between the factions. 8 factions seems a move toward the right direction. Otherwise, there are some interesting threads in the suggestion sub-section, that you might be interested in. You can even participate if it really interests you.

but instead swarm is nerfed by new mechanics of bigger paycheck per less active people.
I like that you get paid according to your reputation, but it isn't a swarm counter-measure. The number of people active (those who have high reputation) is meaningless in a swarm discussion. The only number that matters is the number of people you can actually gather in each ZC, no matter their individual ID.
You can have 60 invidividual players with high reputation. If six of them come to one ZC, then leave, then six other come to another, etc... you would only have a number of 6 players for each ZC. If another team has only 12 individual players, who would come in all ZC, you will have more money for each members, as the number of "active" players is lower, but you will still be swarming the other team.

I can spend 24h/day explaining people that weapon is unbalanced or they are wrong in their opinions, but it's up to the to understand. So what's the difference?

Off-topic.

Fortunately, I'm not in the faction that have twice the number of other, so I have no reason to move (:

I thought you were amongs the V-TEC.
Anyway my proposal isn't just for you, but open to any V-TEC that wouldn't mind wearing BBoys colors. You just happen to be the most vocal in the denial. I find unlikely to see guys like you, Teela or Andy leaving the V-TEC, as you are amongs the core members of the faction. But it doesn't mean there is nothing you can do. You can certainly do more that faction with lower number. It would only worsen the situation if those factions disapear or lose members.

Yes, I was in swarming lawyers in the beginning of the session and changed to v-tec.

So, you left a faction that had many players to join a faction that had even more players. And you consider it as working toward balance ?

I wrote http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=2092.msg16186#msg16186 as a solution which no one ever tried to answer. Although it's not actual anymore.

Now, we are talking. To be honest, i totally missed out your thread at the day it was created, and present you my apologies for that. (the thread had answers from others, although. I even catched up weeks later)
It seems an interesting move, in my opinion. If you try something like that again, i hope there would be more involvement. I can't guarranty people will trust you at the first second,  because of past issues, (reputation don't change in just one day) but it doesn't mean it has no future.

Although, allow me to point out that, it might also has limits, for those who don't check forum or plan their connections.

Also, i don't think that you can always prevent swarms. Sometimes, it just happens without warning.
On the other hand, you can act on patterns. If you notice that you spent an entire week swarming the other, and that the issues doesn't resolve on itself, you should start to act on it.
If you start a few timers and see no one, you should also understand that now is not the time.
It can happens 1-2 times by mistake. If it happens too often, it is a sign that something must be done.
(not saying that Suff is always responsible of that. It is a faction issue.)

> "I pointed out some of your recent reaction?"
Reaction to what? xD

Crying about spears, while outnumbering everyone.

> First, they mention you as the prime responsible.
Well, then you're the prime responsible for unbalanced factions.

You seems to forget that people wrote a lot of post explaining why. It is not just one sentence.

> Second, They disapeared
Not my fault as I said before.

I didn't say, you forced them to leave. But that you have some responsability, a responsability that you didn't seem to act agains't or counter by other actions.

> Third, considering you outnumber other faction, you can easily tell 5 of your guys to move to BBoys and still have enough people to face Lawyers and Family.
I with my team do not outnumber other factions _often enough_. I'm not in charge with people decision where to play. Although I can TK hellmai if he continue coming as a v-tec (: I'm not having "enough people to face Lawyers and Family" _often enough_.

I am not saying that pressing a button would solve the situation. But you have more ways to solve the situation than we have, and didn't seemed (from what you let us see) to act much on it, seeing how long that situation lasted. But aware of the problem would be the first step.

> When i cheered you to not swarming that one time,
Was the moment my team clearly seen that you don't have enough information to judge us.

The point is, you complain about nobody caring about you when you make good move, but you take it wrong when they compliment you. I don't how to make you believe that compliment other than saying again that i was honest about what i considered a progress at that time.

> tell us what you did to bring people into the server,
I'm pretty proud with my work over interface at least. I've heard a lot of complaints about uncomfortable controls, and fortunately was able to make them not actual.

It is nice to have modding skills, but what does it have to do with players issues of balance between factions ?
I am talking to the V-TEC players. I don't expect the V-TEC to mod the game.
The fact that some do it is irrelevant at best, suspicious at worst. (possible conflict of interest if you take front stage in both)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 10:37:43 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

paragon

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2015, 12:40:34 PM »

I'm sorry, I don't really feel like continuing reading after several lines. I don't think it's going anywhere or that you're actually trying.

I also remember you as a first person doing logged off ZC.
As many other people from your side doing hiding troll C.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 12:51:25 PM by paragon »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2015, 02:29:14 PM »

I also remember you as a first person doing logged off ZC...

... While asking that the ZC would be reworked, as it was broken at the time. You could get zones in a few seconds which rendered ZC meaningless.
Anyway, the few zones gained at the time helped to have the first few lawyers coming back to do ZC at 2-3 persons. (and these zones were lawyers zones anyway. I never did that beyond Adams/Police)
So, to remains on topic, it actually helped the balance a bit, by having a faction coming back, at a time only Family/BBoys/V-TEC were actives.

Altough, i hope that one day you will be able go past your current mindset and that we would actually discuss these issues. You know that i am willing to adress those issues with you. Now the choice is yours.

Just don't wait another six months before trying to do something about your issues.
And remember that you wouldn't please just me, but three entire faction, and possibly a lot of future newcomers.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 07:37:44 AM by naossano »

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 07:12:44 AM »

paragon, this is too low, even for someone like you

Moebius

• Wanderer
  • The Little Loli
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 07:15:47 AM »

I heard that in Wasteland 2 when you try to dig in some town's graveyard.
"Kek Kek Kek Kek Kek"
-Grease Gun

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2015, 01:33:04 PM »

I heard that in Wasteland 2 when you try to dig in some town's graveyard.
ye, it's in highpool if you decide to save them instead of Ag Center
it was fucking worth the dank loot

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2015, 03:26:17 AM »

Map is all grey now. Time for a break.
Dunno if i'll be there factionless or leave AOP entirelly, but we reached a dead end with factions.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2015, 12:20:35 PM »

Map is all grey now. Time for a break.
Dunno if i'll be there factionless or leave AOP entirelly, but we reached a dead end with factions.

No we haven't stop being so melodramatic. The only reason zones are all one color is that pieces of shit from either faction go bluesuit in zones at 3am to take the map. It happens every fucking day. It's one the reasons I don't much care for ZC anymore. If ZC was reworked there would be more to do.

Caboose

• Experienced Survivor
  • Shots Fired
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2015, 02:21:18 PM »

There's actually more pvp going on in the early hours than you might think. Generally consists of courier with a ripper killing 4/5 vtec noobs, but either way that's something right? I've personally capped our own 4 zones, just so I can buy some armour in the shop (we've lost a lot of gear recently). Of all the things to whine about, winning a lot surely can't be high on the agenda?
Science without Religion is Lame, Religion without Science is Blind.

Xardalas

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2015, 02:40:45 PM »

Yeah, it was a ,late night group of six lawyers. Saw em capping all the areas.

I didn't want to fuck with em as it was just me and I was on my sewer rat character. Didn't really feel like six to one odds on a character where it will take me a good hour or so to get the loot and gear back.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2015, 02:44:19 PM by Xardalas »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2015, 06:04:28 AM »

I don't doubt that balance won't be implemented the next week, and that it is an hard task for dev. I don't feel like blaming them for one flaw amongs so many bright sides. But, IMO, when the faction are too imbalanced, the game is hardly playable. It is no fun to have trouble to gather 4 guys to face 15 who will beat us no matter our tactics, and it is no fun to win all the time either, because the enemy don't have the number or the strategy. And it is sad to have only two decisive factions most of the time in a server meant for 4 full factions. I feel like something must be done quickly, by the dev, or by the players themselves. Sadly, discussions amongs players led nowhere for now...

About timezone, it seems that Fo2 found a good solution. Some towns can be taken all the time, while some other town can only be taken within specific time windows. It might prevent taking everything during off-hours...

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2015, 07:17:45 AM »

While I understand totally Nao (and that's why I was happy with low population as it was lots of small-scale pvp), Fonline is still a mmo, so you can't blame people to play out of YOUR timeframe. The game is very opened, you can do a lot of things, you lose everything when dying, you have no timezone. This is part of Fonline and all those kind of games. I think people should be able to play whenever they want. However, ZC is indeed an issue as it can break the balance of the game. "Why would i fight for a zone while i know i'll lose it when i go to sleep ?" This question pops up in every Realm vs Realm MMOs and there is no solution in a paid game, as you pay to play so you have right to do so, even if it breaks balance and fun. In Fonline, we are blessed to have devs who do that for free (ass-kisser spotted !), but then they can change the rules, in order to bring balance and fun. I'm not saying ZC should be in European standard working class timezone, but it should be possible to add different kinds of pvps. Or unlock some pvp scenarios when enough population is online.

For instance : Available scenarios
1. 0 - 15 people online : protect/attack caravans/npc
2. 16 - 30 people online : ZC on middle zones (hospital and around)
3. 31+ : ZC on faction zones (adams etc)
It should be shaped with faction population maybe I don't know how to balance it correctly actually.

About the swarm, I think again it's part of the game. A good way would be to create objectives that require to split your team. Some scenarios like that (when enough population):
"Cure a disease in <faction> civil population" : you need to take and keep hospital (for meds stuff) and your opposite <faction> starting (adams, etc) (for doc books) zones for 30 min in order to succeed this quest.
"Resources gathering" : you need to gather a quest type resource (something like a barrel of stuff for example) and bring them to a gathering point located on a ZC zone. So some people have to go gather, and some have to defend the location.
"Sewer control" : adding a clickable "ownership" on each sewer zone for this quest, and you need to have all of them yours for 30 min. No info are displayed like for ZC, clikable is not movable, you need 10 sec to use it, etc

In those scenarios, small unit can mess up with a swarm. It has to be polished / balanced of course, those are just raw ideas :) It will add even more fun/utility to sneak scouts !
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:21:43 AM by Anza »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2015, 07:40:45 AM »

It is not mutually exclusive.
The point is not that everyone should play at my timezone, but that people take advantage of being the only one in some hours, to take all zones, while others fought hard to have only 1-2 while everyone else was on line. Those who fought hard got less that the lazy who just afked in zones, while they knew no one would come.

Your proposal are quite on spot about it. Although, rather than a specific number, it might seem better to speek about average peak, once again.

Let's say in a week #1 average, more than 50% of V-TEC were available around 8pm and 10pm, in GMT+2 timezone, that should be the timezone people should be able to take Vault-TEC/Gunn Runners/Global, during the we week #2. If During weeks two, they are mostly there between 2pm and 3pm and between 7pm and 8pm GMT+3, these would be timezones for ZC in week #3, with the appropriate timezone being shown to everyone each week.

Other zones could be took by taking into account the average peak of all players, not just faction X or Y, while other could be taken in ALL hours. Different zones, different situations, potentially always something to do.

The problem with total number of players without taking average into account is that if there is less than 15 people during months, it means no ZC during months. On the other hand, average peak are also more appropriate with low number than with high. If it is 30 and 8pm and 2 at 12pm, it matters. If it is 200 at 8pm and 150 at 10pm, the sheer number should matter more than mere average peak,(for allowing ZC) and even if off-hours, there would be enough people to fight in all factions.

From what i heard, in the early days of the servers, there was much more chinese/american, so the "off-hours", were actually active, not a bunch of guys capping all zones.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:51:10 AM by naossano »

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2015, 09:20:30 AM »

The problem about average peaks is that you can abuse that easily, you wait till average is on what you want and then you bring your swarm as your numbers will have effect on T+1

If there is less than 15 people during months, then we can go back to current configuration as we were before server change, it was working good. If people come again, then we put that again. That's the sweet thing about free to play, devs can change the server easily and adapt to the population. :)

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2015, 11:04:58 AM »

Don't feel like going further in timezone solution, but both that and lack of number balance between faction are definitely amongs the core things that, IMO, prevent the server from shining even more. More work on it would help, by dev team if they can, or players themselves if they are willing to be more open minded about it. (and admit when swarming)

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2015, 11:53:44 AM »

Swarm has been part of every Fonline, TTTLA was not the least, even far from it. You have the number, you get huge advantage. If you want instanciated pvp, Fonline is not the right game. There are many free instanciated pvp mmo games. And when it comes to 5v5 or whatever instanciated pvp match you have, believe me you won't like it because builds/stuff/optimization are pushed to the extreme, and I know you like to try out fancy original builds. In Fonline you can  ;)

I think it's better to focus on how to bring fun on skirmish against swarm, and how to make small groups able to fight swarm  :)

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2015, 12:13:58 PM »

So, what ?
Instant-kill have been part of every other Fonline. Should we put it back on AOP ?
Grinding have been part of every other Fonline. Should we put it back on AOP ?
Closed faction have been par of every other Fonline ? Should we put them back of AOP ?

One of the things that was mostly praised about AOP is that they dared to make a new server that is actually a new game that studied some of the biggest flaws of other servers and changed those.

Beside that, unlike other server, ZC/PVP is the bulk of the server. There is no big open world to explore, no quest, almost no RP. The main thing you can do is choose one of the 4 faction and face the others. If you pick a faction that has too many people,  you will win all the time and get bored. If you pick a faction that has not enough people, you will lose all the time and get bored. Once you get bored, what will you do ? Assignement ? Get old after a while... Dungeon ? There is only two, for now, and you need buddies. Scavenge in the core ? You will start a timer and have to face blue death squad.

There is almost no way to play the game outside ZC, and you cannot do it if too much unbalanced.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 12:16:47 PM by naossano »

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2015, 12:28:43 PM »

That's why I'm saying, instead of trying to prevent people to play together or in the faction they want even if it means swarm, just adding new objectives/scenarios where swarm vs group can play.

I was also thinking of a scenario which would add npcs to flank the big faction. Like faction has to go get intel in a ZC area. While doing so, a huge group of npc can spawn blabla
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip