Author Topic: Perk/trait suggestions  (Read 5059 times)

Spore Plants

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Perk/trait suggestions
« on: April 03, 2015, 11:20:04 PM »

I'm pretty sure the 1st NPC trait and maybe even the name has been suggested before, but I can't find the thread. So I do not take credit for it.

#1 Beast Man (trait)- all creature NPCs are neutral to you and will come to your aid against players and human NPCs, but all human NPCs are permanently hostile to you. (maybe it needs more downside, any ideas?)

#2 Stealth Master (upper level perk, has a sneak skill requirement before you can get it)- You have reached a master level of stealth. You are somehow able to pass through doors without them opening or making any sound.
It's the army, we got power in numbers
And that's .9s, .45s, .357s, and M500s

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: Perk/trait suggestions
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 01:11:03 AM »

Stealth masters seems OP as fuck

Beast man...hmmm I don't think it will be possible. You'll probably constantly be dying in faction base :D

Spore Plants

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 02:07:18 AM »

Stealth masters seems OP as fuck

Beast man...hmmm I don't think it will be possible. You'll probably constantly be dying in faction base :D
This is assuming it's possible to have it not apply in faction base or gate.
It's the army, we got power in numbers
And that's .9s, .45s, .357s, and M500s

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 08:21:11 AM »

Beast man sounds like an interesting trade off (obviously as long as faction base NPCs aren't shooting you too yes lol stalker). Though if it were up to me I might change the name to "Dances with Monsters" or "Raised by Beasts". :D

I don't think it would need any more minuses to be honest, there are a lot of neutral NPC humanoids (if you include faction guards too) that would be much worse than the animals around the place, If you really think it needs further reduction, just have it not apply to aliens.

Could make an interesting trait, for sneakers or scouts, who could move through groups of geckos and the like but have to avoid all humanoids (and possibly aliens). Good idea.

The traits post is stickied above by the way, my perks post is lost somewhere below.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 08:25:19 AM by mAdman »

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 11:53:13 AM »

I like the options that can offer stealth master. But whitout limitation will be OP. What about if it requires to spend 200 AP to use that skill. and only if you have a full AP bar. this way it will leave you vulnerable for a while, and prevent shooting and hide

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 12:40:19 AM »

Perks don't have downsides to them, only traits do. So the only way to counter-balance stealth-master is to make the requirements sky-rocket.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2015, 04:12:26 AM »

The sneak perk is way too OP imo. About the trait, if you exclude faction humanoid npcs, there isnt much neutral humanoid who are really dangerous anyway. So beastmaster is a bit powerful as you would gain neutral (and help wtf :D) from deathclaws firegeckos aliens etc. There are way more hostile creature critters that are dangerous than humanoid  :)

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2015, 09:21:22 AM »

Perks don't have downsides to them, only traits do. So the only way to counter-balance stealth-master is to make the requirements sky-rocket.

Yeah i know that...(well... grenadier kind of have a drawback) i wasnt suggesting that any time you open a door you need to spend 200 AP, instead you get a new option to pass throw doors. So you can choose to open the door normally or use that skill (sure, it will need a key bind or an interface button)

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip