Author Topic: MG42 Ammunition  (Read 5792 times)

FrankenStone

MG42 Ammunition
« on: February 02, 2015, 09:34:02 PM »

I mean its a strong rare MG right now but the ammo still lack some kind of bleed , i suggest to give it 10 or 15 percent bleed dmg ... not that much becoz its already strong but it makes no sense that almost every other ammo bleed has or weapon ... its a fucking machinegun ^^

it detoration speed is also crazy i suggest to give it durable perk which would fit perfectly it was a solid machine gun druing its service times , with changable barrels etc. it had very low rate of missfunctions .

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
Re: MG42 Ammunition
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 04:34:50 AM »

You want to add bleed to this:?
Spoiler for Hiden:

IMO, machineguns shouldn't be the ones that have bleed damage, after all, it's all about "force" of a bullet to them, not clip-size. Rifles on the other hand, have a much higher penetrative force, which allows them to cause inner bleeding in multiple areas at once.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

FrankenStone

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 02:17:46 AM »

well i dunno , imo machineguns ripp u apart in reallife ... bledding whata bout loosing arms and legs :D

paragon

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 03:31:48 AM »

Imo you die from 1 good knife hit IRL.

FrankenStone

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 04:00:15 AM »

Imo you die from 1 good knife hit IRL.

nah only from Spears

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2015, 08:19:47 PM »

IMO, machineguns shouldn't be the ones that have bleed damage, after all, it's all about "force" of a bullet to them, not clip-size. Rifles on the other hand, have a much higher penetrative force, which allows them to cause inner bleeding in multiple areas at once.

That's complete crap about MGs and Rifles being different. The Kar98k and the MG42 AND the MG34 used the 7.92mm Mauser cartridge. In any military, machinegunners are designated Automatic Riflemen. Its a larger, heavier, higher ROF rifle, sometimes fed with a belt.

FrankenStone

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2015, 08:34:57 PM »

That's complete crap about MGs and Rifles being different. The Kar98k and the MG42 AND the MG34 used the 7.92mm Mauser cartridge. In any military, machinegunners are designated Automatic Riflemen. Its a larger, heavier, higher ROF rifle, sometimes fed with a belt.

totally agree 7.62 more powerfull than any 5mm bullet

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 01:46:57 AM »

You want to add bleed to this:?
Spoiler for Hiden:

what a heavy load of bullshit
most machineguns tend to use standart "battle rifle" ammo for convinience of use and greater firepower or use specialized MG ammo dat tends to have even more powder charge for any given caliber just to enshure good fire  cycling  , less jams , less loading failures
and as bonus this translates as  more firepower at greater range

on the original topic ....this mg fails to meet the expectations for a uniqe wep with expensive ammo , i has no special feeling whatsoever and adding bleed to ammo is just sugarcoating
rework is needed
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 03:32:39 AM »

Nailbrain
That's what I said ><, and what is "battle rifle"
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 06:02:21 AM »

"battle rifle" is common umbrela term for old ww2 rifles using the more powerfull cartridges
as the war doctrine of the time dictated the need of weps capable of 500+ meters lethality
after the war it was observed most gunfight were in the 100-300 meters range so the intermediate cartridges as 7.62x39 and 5.5 derivates were adopted alongside of the "Assault rifle " doctrine

so penetrating power of "battle rifles" and most medium machineguns is nearly identical becasue they use largley identical ammo , yet machinegun ammo thou similar in dimesions tend to have more powerfull propelant beacause they need extra kick to cycle the mecanism witch in most cases is either recoil or gas operated.So generaly speaking mg have more penetraring power.Heavy MG dat use 13mm and above cartidges are comparable in penetration and balistics to antimaterial rifles but due to their more sturdy construction longer barels  and availabilty of stronger ammuntions MG tend to perform better than the rifles

M2 as a sniper rifle[edit]
The M2 machine gun has also been used as a long-range sniper rifle, when equipped with a telescopic sight. Soldiers during the Korean War used scoped M2s in the role of a sniper rifle, but the practice was most notably used by US Marine Corps sniper Carlos Hathcock during the Vietnam War. Using an Unertl telescopic sight and a mounting bracket of his own design, Hathcock could quickly convert the M2 into a sniper rifle, using the traversing-and-elevating (T&E) mechanism attached to the tripod. When firing semi-automatically, Hathcock hit man-size targets beyond 1,800 metres (2,000 yd)—twice the range of a standard-caliber sniper rifle of the time (a .30-06 Winchester Model 70). In fact, Hathcock set the record for the longest confirmed kill at 2,250 metres (2,460 yd), a record which stood until 2002, when it was broken in Afghanistan by Canadian Forces sniper Arron Perry.[52][53]

ps better internal dmg is best achieved by 5,5 caliber ammo variations dat have offbalanced    bullet and lower powder charge , combination of these 2 things causes the bullet once entered the body to thumble and rickochet from denser surfaces such as bones causing way greater dmg than strait piercing  more powerfull rounds , bad side of such ammo is low pentration , bad balistics , and its notorious unreability  when used in battles involving dense vegetations because even pencil sized twigs tend to send the bullet offcourse
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 06:24:26 AM by nailbrain »
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 07:17:31 AM »

as i know all modern big call machinguns when put on tripod and whit optic can rape long ranges can even burst acuratly anywey buff my spears barabed sux need 6 hits to kill if enemy dosent hp himself, nerf AP cost of serated by 5 at lest

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip