Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Organized Groups Playing in Family  (Read 12152 times)

paragon

Organized Groups Playing in Family
« on: September 23, 2014, 04:25:07 PM »

Can anybody describe me situation with organized groups in Family?
How do you feel about active fight-able population in there?
Do you have less organized force than other factions?

I'm asking because it's possible that up to 20-25 people can join Family soon, but we don't want to break the balance.

Butthead

• Wastelander
  • aop kicks ass
    • View Profile
Re: Organized Groups Playing in Family
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 04:56:42 PM »

better join with your friends to better faction. family is weak

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 08:52:11 PM »

better join with your friends to better faction. family is weak
A group of twenty organized people will make sure this statement is wrong.
Paragon - случайно не группа из 2х кланов с тла? ;)
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

paragon

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 09:10:35 PM »

Spoiler for Russian for Myakot':
Я со своими с Фонлана2. Играем с АС в законниках, но у них все сложно, им требуется воссоединение с частью своих из ваулт-тека. Похоже, чтобы не разбивать компанию, мы перейдем хвостиком то ли в семью, то ли в ваултек. Сегодня вот разговор вроде на ваултеке закончился.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 09:24:01 PM »

There are a few upstart groups in Family, but not any large organization from what I've seen. Family tends to be a lot of solo players who are willing to band together if needed.  I've interacted with and know most people active in the Family faction. It's a small group, but we're all friendly.

Deathproof

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 09:34:25 PM »

I'm asking because it's possible that up to 20-25 people can join Family soon, but we don't want to break the balance.

There is about 10 - 20 max people willing to go pvp or zc when it happens that they are all online. Its not a clan just a people who play the same faction and organize themselves when something is needed. We got some new players showing will to participate which is great but we still lack numbers. We usually raid gates/core because we can't get 6 people for zc most of the times.

We manage, but considering that constant problem is being outnumbered I would love to see more family players willing to pvp/zc.

To my knowledge there isn't a clan from other fonline server in family.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 09:40:34 PM by Deathproof »

TheTylerLee

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 09:54:14 PM »

Today i was solo-scavenging the core, I seen a family guy run into the PD, So i was like "easy kill" and ran in to kill him, Turns out there was a total of 3 family members in there!

I died because i assumed family couldnt work together!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2014, 12:24:21 AM »

Yes Family needs help and no it won't break the balance.

Currently we can roam the streets like an ultraviolent gang from Clockwork Orange or The Warriors, but twhen it comes to ZC we only win when the clans are sleeping.

Outnumbered 2 to 1 in almost every circumstance.

We need help.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2014, 12:30:20 AM »

Stop crying, at least you do have a faction anthem!:

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2014, 12:35:22 AM »

Don't remember shedding any tears, just stating facts.

Or do you just enjoy 3 to 1 fights and are worried that an even one might actually provide a challenge? :P

OP asked, I answered :)

blasma khan

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2014, 12:41:22 AM »

There are no organized groups in Family, as RDA (assumed) has left. That leaves us the most weakest part in ZC. Not trying to victimize us but it just means we're pretty much a raider/mongol/barbarian/horde faction now. (I'm satisfied with that!)

I demand you change our culture to nomadic steppe people and our faction name to Steppe Society.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 12:43:02 AM by blasma khan »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2014, 01:24:18 AM »

Or do you just enjoy 3 to 1 fights and are worried that an even one might actually provide a challenge? :P
I never participated in such fights till now at least. Sadly enough I haven't even played the damn game for more than 5 minutes in this past week ><.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2014, 01:34:24 AM »

Damn it you aren't even there and we are still outnumbered gahhh. Neverending.

I just don't see how our factions can have such even numbers but your (BB) ZC squad is so much bigger. Maybe we have tonnes of alts? Or many leavers? IDK.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2014, 02:24:15 AM »

I just don't see how our factions can have such even numbers but your (BB) ZC squad is so much bigger. Maybe we have tonnes of alts? Or many leavers? IDK.
Those numbers that devs showed us mean nothing, sadly. 'd Be good to actually know how many active players are out there.

Why don't you make your own "organized group"? Just become one, who the heck cares if some "other-cool-awesome-mega-experienced team of 146% pure pros" plays against you?

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2014, 02:27:07 AM »

I don't like the idea that some organized clan will come and save us as we ride to get some of that glory. We won't ride with them, they will ride alongside us. We have the experience, the practice, the smarts and the gear, they have the numbers and the organization. Win-win!

There's no organized group in The Family that I know of.

We got some good members but we're lacking both in numbers and leadership - best leader guy we have is Blasma Khan, who is considered our master tactician, then Stribe and Wetfart. We lack numbers partly because we simply have less members than anyone but Brahmin Boys and partly because a lot of our members are carebears/noobs who stay in base doing assigs and naked core runs and never show up in ZC. Its kinda jarring to someone who wanted to ZC so bad he went to a ZC in level 5 and had to hunt some critters in-situ so he could fight with the big boys.

I think organization is complicated. I think organization-level within factions is generally Brahmin Boys (small but very organized) >>> Lawyers = Family >>> Vtec.

Brahmin Boys are aparently from a few organized clans, polish-russians. They're the smallest faction but they are almost always up at the same time (which here is from 3:00 PM to 7:00 PM) but once its late in Europe you barely see any of them, at best some strays that can be shot easily by a small group. At first I heard they were quite a disorganized bunch.

Lawyers, from what I heard, a bunch of organized clan-platoons that work independently of each other. They aparently don't get well with each other - Maybe its just me, but Lawyers complain about team-killers all time. I heard from some of them that they shoot each other just as often as they shoot the enemy. Weird. Lawyers are smart and crafty, through, which is why I see any possible alliance between them and Vtec as little more than lawyers hiding behind the blues' cannonfodder hordes.

Family seems to be at a similar level of organization, except we're a lot less self-destructive and a lot more inefficient yet - We're mostly loners who banded together into a faction. We take too much time so far to gear up, and many of our newer members are carebears or still need to learn the finer points of discipline during ZC (damned lootwhores). That said, Family is all about sticking together as the underdog against the immense, never-ending tides of degenerates, mutants and maniacs the Core throws at us.

V-Tech, from what I hear, is essentially a huge swarm of players, a mix of noobs, vets, /b tards and multiple nationalities, with a few enclaves of organization, like Lidae's Lightbringers platoon. Dangerous as hell in ZC because they just swarm everyone with +30 noobs + grenade spam/sniper teams, but individually most vtecs seem more noobish on the average, I see them commit some quite dumb acts in ZC, like rushing all in the same watched entrance, but their sheer mass lets them pull balsy shit like that where the other factions would lose. Only a few elite vtecs like Ramon (worthy foe, sneaker extraordinarie) are dangerous individually Sometimes I have a feeling that if Lidae's Lightbringers left, they would be stomped on by the Lawyers.

Pretty sure that 20-25 people won't break the balance, and The Family is always glad to help new arrivals. Depending on their playtime, we might finally be able to return to the ZC map in big style, especially once everyone rebuilds their stocks.

Due to our lack of numbers, our tactics have shifted from ZC take-overs to urban guerrilla warfare. We are unmatched in that aspect. Other factions camp gates, we have highly-mobile guerrilla forces.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2014, 03:27:37 AM »

Why don't you make your own "organized group"? Just become one, who the heck cares if some "other-cool-awesome-mega-experienced team of 146% pure pros" plays against you?

We do try to organise, and often succeed in small missions and tasks, it is just when it comes to ZC the biggest numbers I have seen us pull was 15 on a really good day, and only half of that number know what they should be doing in ZC, so it is usually an unorganised madhouse.

Then we lose and the blame games start which divides our numbers further and puts us down on loot,

I know the wasteland is supposed to be harsh, but dayum, it's like genocide when we try to compete for territory.

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2014, 03:48:52 AM »

We do try to organise, and often succeed in small missions and tasks, it is just when it comes to ZC the biggest numbers I have seen us pull was 15 on a really good day, and only half of that number know what they should be doing in ZC, so it is usually an unorganised madhouse.

Then we lose and the blame games start which divides our numbers further and puts us down on loot,

I know the wasteland is supposed to be harsh, but dayum, it's like genocide when we try to compete for territory.

You shoulda seen the minigun slaughter fields of PV polymer.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2014, 03:55:28 AM »

You shoulda seen the minigun slaughter fields of PV polymer.

LoL sounds familiar,

It's a little off topic but my the funniest for me was when we went into zc 6 strong, walked around the wrong corner and 20 fully armed BBs were waiting in a firing squad for us.

Three died almost instantly and the rest attempted to flee, I went to hide in a toilet stall and someone hunted me down with a SSledge and annihilated me.

Scariest, funniest and saddest moment yet, all at the same time. Instant classic.

Back on topic; Help us lol!

baskila

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2014, 05:04:55 AM »

What I like about the Family is that everyone is welcome when we organize a raid or ZC and great atmosphere overall. We pick a leader and stick to it. If your team would like to join - great. It will help us become more competitive and maybe actually have some balance between the factions because currently there's none.

Also, considering that there's no main organized group within the Family, it means that if you join it would be your group. One thing for sure - you won't suffer from lack of support. With your organization and our willingness to join the fight it might be quite something.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 05:28:54 AM by baskila »

Butthead

• Wastelander
  • aop kicks ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2014, 05:15:21 AM »

What I like about the Family is that everyone is welcome when we organize a raid or ZC and great atmosphere overall. We pick a leader and stick to it. If your team would like to join - great. It will help us become more competitive and maybe actually have some balance between the factions because currently there's none.

everyone is welcome to lose his precious stuf and be raped
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip