Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: BG Sniper Balance  (Read 17664 times)

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
BG Sniper Balance
« on: September 29, 2014, 08:53:49 PM »

Two videos of Lawyers in action, recorded by Black Gold some days ago
Spoiler for 2nd one :

Big Snipers = balanced as fuck
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 09:45:30 PM by RazorRamon »

maszrum

• Wastelander
  • The Rogues
    • View Profile
Re: BG Sniper Balance
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2014, 02:37:30 AM »

Big Snipers = balanced as fuck

yup, devs should do something with this ASAP

Grand Bill King

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 06:50:42 AM »

lol noobs crying

maszrum

• Wastelander
  • The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2014, 08:07:08 AM »

You dont see anything wrong with bg snipers? :)

Fox

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2014, 08:26:11 AM »

He sees that this is probably the only way he can keep fighting without dying at first seconds and feeling oneself like a hero. So don't be surprised that he called you "noob", it's just protective reaction.

But actually yes, I agree that something has to be done with all this.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 08:31:39 AM by Fox »

VVish

• Wastelander
  • Like the wind!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2014, 08:59:19 AM »

About bg snipers - they should be nerfed for sure, but week ago, when BBoys was outnumbering and outplaying another factions with better organization, none of them said anything about DSR-sooo-huuuge and also they had more bg-sniper than any other faction.
When DSR rape squad came in from Lawyers, it became too much imbalanced? That's ridiculous.
Spoiler for Hiden:

maszrum

• Wastelander
  • The Rogues
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2014, 09:03:55 AM »

Everyone noticed that after first days of playing I even asked BBoys to make more heavy snipers but no one was intrested - "nas mnoho, who cares". Sugest to move disscusion to another topic coz BG snipers are a problem and hope DEVS have ready solution.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2014, 09:17:13 AM »

.50 snipers need a nerf or something.  80 hexes away and someone can KO, 200 dmg critical, what is this shit. And sneakers carry this weapon.

Grand Bill King

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2014, 12:04:43 PM »

dsr is normal, but  your problem u didn't use tactic vs dsr. And u just cry in forum about it.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2014, 12:55:06 PM »

Split from the other thread. Please keep it civil.
In my opinion, the DSR is definitely very powerful.
When there are more than two of them in a squad, you pretty much just pick people to instagib from a super long range.
Really devalues many other weapons.
It's part of a bigger problem really, which is that over half of every squad is snipers.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:56:51 PM by Smalltime »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2014, 01:26:33 PM »

i noticed alot people whine nerf this nerf thet NERF WHATEWER KILLS ME
as i  noticed in game nothing needs nerf all can be counterd only some people use brain for crying isted thinking how to outsmart

for BG snipers flank them by using sneek or smart positioning, for Sneek use f Watchower perk and if you dont stop f whining cuz you got killed

The Brazilian Slaughter

• Wastelander
  • Family Original Gangster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2014, 03:08:20 PM »

Sorry but BG sneakers in general are ridiculous.
Don't forget these big-ass BG Sniper weapons need to be mounted on tripods, and in RL are fired from prone position. Its one thing to be sneaking with a silenced sniper rifle, but sneaking around with a Anti-Materiel Rifle is just wrong wrong wrong wrong.

artaman

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2014, 03:11:11 PM »

Yes agree sniper rifle must be NERF. Everyone agrees to give laser rifle +25 damage and 3x Piercing Strike and make plasma rifle from 60-75 to 120-180 and 50 range and MFC must have -20% dr/dt.

Don't forget these big-ass BG Sniper weapons need to be mounted on tripods, and in RL are fired from prone position.
here is some real life
 youtube.com/watch?v=EOoc2KnhlxA 
youtube.com/watch?v=NIiWf2DSOhM
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 03:19:55 PM by artaman »
"sPA was a mistake" - cirn0, lead co-playwright of aop. c. 1968

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2014, 03:23:09 PM »

i noticed alot people whine nerf this nerf thet NERF WHATEWER KILLS ME
Balance is very important in PvP-centric games. Most of these weapons were balanced around smaller squads, and hypotheticals. I doubt it was the intent to have most of the squads be predominately snipers. Looking at the anatomy of squads, you can gain insight into how weapons are currently balanced. Even people who use these tactics have admitted that it needs to be changed.

artaman

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2014, 10:38:05 AM »

as suggestion for give a disadvantage to BG sniper but without any stats change i propose to add a big bright muzzle flash(sprite graphic) on sniper shoot. this way during battle once BG sniper shoot he give away his position easily and everyone will know where to rocket/grenade/focus fire on.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:54:05 AM by artaman »
"sPA was a mistake" - cirn0, lead co-playwright of aop. c. 1968

paragon

« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2014, 10:44:07 AM »

here is some real life
 youtube.com/watch?v=EOoc2KnhlxA 
youtube.com/watch?v=NIiWf2DSOhM

I doubt they can hit anything at the distance more than 150m while standing, the gun is too heavy to keep it stable. That's why snipers shoot while prone.
Game is not RL for sure, and it's not realistic. Balance is more important, although "Realism" could be cool feature, it's certainly not the main argument.

Nunn

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2014, 10:51:10 AM »

Either some form of deployment or give them a minimum accurate range would go a long way to making them more balance.

Simms

• Wastelander
  • CHEEKI BREEKI
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2014, 11:00:26 AM »

It has been told and repeated tens of times around here:
.50 rifles are quite fine by themselves. The only problem is their abundance and abundance of .50 ammunition. I'm pretty sure every major platoon in any faction has already hoarded enough rifles and rounds to equip the whole group of BG snipers and keep them firing for a week to go.
The other thing is that not everyone is willing to do this, even given the opportunity. I know folks that find it boring and too much "old fonline"-like.

What I think is that even availability can be left as it is now, it's just a nice reason for others to invent something new against mass-DSR blobs. It may not be as easy as it sounds but it yields much more fun.

P.S. The only other thing which can be considered "abnormal" about .50 guns is their AP cost compared to SG sniper rifles. You can have 1 shot per AP pool with aimed DSR or AS50 shot, the same goes for DKS, M1C and MSG (to some extent), which are baseline SG long-range weapons of choice. With AS50, leather jacket/FLA and BRoF+fast shot you can have 2 unaimed shots per AP pool, which is also very painful as it's 2 knockdowns in a row anyway.
So heavy sniper rifles have nearly the same RoF as light ones do, yielding them considerably higher DPS of aimed shots and enormously higher DPS of unaimed shots. It'd be nice if the difference in RoF between these two groups of weapon was a little bigger, considering the range advantage and killer perks on BG rifles.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 11:19:07 AM by Simms »
It's all fun and games until someone catches an olive.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2014, 03:28:37 AM »

Knocking back deployed sniper rifles will make them unable to return fire at all but that is somewhat difficult in large battle where they simply click anybody and you have find your target.

The alpha strike damage, range and auto knockdown is a bit too generous for this weapon family in my opinion.

I would probably move damage to bleed.
I would tone down the weapon trait autoknock down to something resistible by AGI crit resist ( buffing the weakest special AGI ).
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2014, 03:40:48 AM »

Knocking back deployed sniper rifles will make them unable to return fire at all but that is somewhat difficult in large battle where they simply click anybody and you have find your target.

The alpha strike damage, range and auto knockdown is a bit too generous for this weapon family in my opinion.

I would probably move damage to bleed.
I would tone down the weapon trait autoknock down to something resistible by AGI crit resist ( buffing the weakest special AGI ).

Moving a lot of the heavy sniper damage to bleed would make an interesting change, I personally think a good one as it gives doctors an important task in these situations (to monitor bleed levels), and it removes the insta-death problems.

It might make a nice test, but I would suggest applying this to some of the high tier SG snipers too, to avoid a meta shift to these items instead.

High bleed over high flat damage sounds sounds like a game changer (in a good way).
Pages: [1] 2 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip