Author Topic: Realy annoying download  (Read 6006 times)

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Realy annoying download
« on: April 23, 2016, 03:58:08 PM »

Hi,

I have heard about this game and i decided to try it at the beginning of new season.

I've googled "AOP". Clicked download client. Description said: client has 1.07 GB! Damn thats BIG fonline. But okay.

Cloud provider MEGA, which you are using to share client, told me i can download files for free and just using my browser, but! It told me consequently, i can download just 1GB size files!!! I am pissed!

I have closed this window, sticked back to playing FO2.

Just awhile later, i was browsing youtube and found video to your game by accident. This forced me to try download again.

So i found game page again, download link again, which i have read this time. MEGA cloud told me i will need to install its software, because 1.07GB > 1.00GB.

Oh well, let's do this. I have downloaded, installed. Now amazing text announced, that i realy need to restart my computer! Screw you AOP! I clicked YES to restart by accident, all my work was closed. Thankfully most of the work was not lost, just couple of hours is gone now! FUCK!

Computer has restarted, i have smoked 2 cigaretes in meantime.
Lets play this annoying game now, maybe? YES? NO!

I have opened installer again, which succesfully installed MEGA cloud this time.
After succesful instalation, it has asked me either LOGIN or REGISTER. Realy? Realy? Realy? I have smoked next cigrete while registering account and doing some "basic" settings... I have not smoked inside my room for 2 years!

Now Downloaded MEGASHIT, Installed MEGASHIT, downloaded client in around 20 minutes. Do you think i could play the game?

Guess what? Screw you!

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
Re: Realy annoying download
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 04:02:09 PM »

Is megaupload that annoying? That sucks.

Anyone know any other provider I can upload the file to?

YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Stem Sunders

« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 04:03:00 PM »

Server is currently offline.

Client: Dropbox download) https://www.dropbox.com/s/s12w330pqipqasf/client.zip?dl=0

http://fonline-aop.net/site <-- Watch there for further information.

« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:10:44 PM by Stem Sunders »

rasputin

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 04:05:48 PM »

OP is embelisshing a little. But yeah Mega sucks d1k. Cant get it to jnust download without some sort of addon or registration.

powerplay

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 04:08:33 PM »

i downloaded without any registration or installing anything without problems
just press "download through your browser"

also yeah there is client uploaded to dropbox as alternate download, people was sending this link on IRC all the time, now its also in main page and impending wipe topic first post
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 04:22:41 PM by powerplay »

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 04:52:54 PM »

I've never heard of having to restart to get AoP working

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 05:02:30 PM »

i had to restart to make work MEGA, realy bad.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2016, 09:13:20 PM »

i had to restart to make work MEGA, realy bad.

There is a "download through browser option" right next to the other one...don't know how you missed it. Mega upload sucks balls  cause makes downloads slow as fug so I'm glad they uploaded on dropbox which took me 2 minutes  :D

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2016, 05:42:31 AM »

I missed nothing, you donkey, read again or get back to elementary.

Stem Sunders

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2016, 07:21:51 AM »

You're the only person that has reported a missing download link. I don't know what you did but my client downloaded from MEGA in about 4 mins.

I was using Chrome.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 07:25:24 AM by Stem Sunders »

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2016, 07:51:51 AM »

It seems your IQ dipped into double digits from farming too many caravans in fonline2

Scalesan

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 11:10:31 AM »

You're the only person that has reported a missing download link. I don't know what you did but my client downloaded from MEGA in about 4 mins.

I was using Chrome.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Chrome is poor design and terrible efficency + vulnerability, it has included dozens of usless addons, which i chose not to use.
My priority is to use software efficent for my cause, not to stay up to date, unscosious and unaware the costs.

If you care to read carefully, you will learn what my problem is. You do not realy need to ask questions i have answered in my very first post.
So no, i have not reported missing link, link was there, even download is possible, but provider is unsatisfactory in matter of interests of players playing (old) fonline games. I will never use all "advanced", "user friendly","comfortable","click&go" shitwares. People will be simply discouraged by giving away their email + Ip to try this oldschool game.

It seems your IQ dipped into double digits from farming too many caravans in fonline2

Good, fortunately i was able to roll down below 100 IQ, which qualifies me to improve into something average at least. But being full of shit as you would disqulify me from any human conversation.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2016, 11:37:45 AM »

My priority is to use software efficent for my cause, not to stay up to date, unscosious and unaware the costs.
Not sure what is more efficient when you're complaining about it. All of that aside however, I just tested on firefox and it downloaded fine. Topic locked however, as it's just turning into flaming.
Sorry you had a bad experience, man. I guess it isn't -that- obvious that you need to click the text below the buttons, and not the buttons.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip