Author Topic: FOConfig.exe  (Read 5092 times)

Oleg

FOConfig.exe
« on: March 16, 2015, 12:40:21 AM »

I was wondering if anyone can tell me what all of the highlighted settings mean. So far it seems like changing the values has no effect on the game, at least for me. ???

Many thanks.

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
Re: FOConfig.exe
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2015, 10:32:56 AM »

I'm not 100% sure on all of them, but I can try:

Scroll delay: the speed at which you can scroll
Scroll step: number (of pixels?) you scroll each "step"
Text delay: how long "floating text" will appear on NPCs. I think this is in addition to some default time.
Cache sprites: Presumably how many sprites are stored in cache memory while you play. Increasing it will require more RAM, but speed up subsequent loading times.
Texture size: Size (in kb?) of textures stored in cache. Same thing as with cache sprites, if you increase it, it might speed up loading times, but it will also require more RAM.
3D FPS/3D smooth transition: This has to do with 3d models which aren't used in AoP.
Damage indication on head: when something takes damage, it will appear as red text over the head. The number is how long that text will appear.

Lidae

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • Wasteland scientist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2015, 07:46:58 PM »

I'm honestly not sure what the best settings are for a given graphics card, though I imagine that if you're dual logging or doing too much other stuff at the same time, you're unlikely to run out of RAM very soon. And you only get faster loads after you already loaded a map once. And increasing the cache will only help if you had too little of it in the first place. Basically it would only let you load a larger number of larger maps before you get a cache miss, rather than loading any one given map faster than before. If that makes sense.

Teela

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 11:21:17 AM »

I'm not 100% sure on all of them, but I can try:

Scroll delay: the speed at which you can scroll
Scroll step: number (of pixels?) you scroll each "step"
Text delay: how long "floating text" will appear on NPCs. I think this is in addition to some default time.
Cache sprites: Presumably how many sprites are stored in cache memory while you play. Increasing it will require more RAM, but speed up subsequent loading times.
Texture size: Size (in kb?) of textures stored in cache. Same thing as with cache sprites, if you increase it, it might speed up loading times, but it will also require more RAM.
3D FPS/3D smooth transition: This has to do with 3d models which aren't used in AoP.
Damage indication on head: when something takes damage, it will appear as red text over the head. The number is how long that text will appear.

WOA played around with texture size and cache sprites and now I get like 15 FPS rather than 5 FPS when zoomed out. Thanks a lot :D
RazorRamon:
i literally have 卐TÜRKENJÄGER1488卐 tattooed on my back

paragon

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 12:40:20 PM »

This should be at wiki

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip