Author Topic: @Run Speed  (Read 4791 times)

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
@Run Speed
« on: December 20, 2014, 05:52:18 PM »

http://fonline-aop.net/forum/index.php?topic=2265.msg18132#msg18132

im not visiting this forum much and i missed this topic.. i played melee for long time, alot of things did get changed but from times when i was playing i have to say that it was strong enough, 1v1 i had no challenge (at least in not much open field without leadership bonuses - with them i was feeling like monster as i had 10 CH and my only weakness was bypasses which was fixed by leadership bonus along with 80+ normal DR with only regular metal armor mk1 and 95% DR with voodoo.. oh god i was laughing when some players was hitting me for 5+- dmg  ;D) however some run speed bonus is really needed because you just cant do anything when your target decides to run from you (you can see it on vid when i was running behind some player for like half of map and then i decided to change target)
tbh, i have no idea how this game looks like now, im just saying from what i remember from start of season

also that talking about 300-700 dmg hits is waste of time as HtH and sneaker are 2 different things, you cant balance them both with same things, regular HtH char needs it, sneaker not

you could always use voodoo which i found to be very strong drug on HtH, this DR and run speed bonus gives you ability to just rush enemies or catch them, however winded for 30 sec after that made me usually dead or useless for a while which was very annyoing during fights which was longer then 2mins and having to use it every time i have to catch someone isnt good thing, it has to be situational drug, noone should be really relying on it

sry for ressurecting locked topic, i just wanted to post my opinion on it as i was mentioned in topic and i played melee for some time, good that something like runspeed bonus will be done, ill be back after wipe for sure and probably as melee again  :)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:56:00 PM by Seki »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
Re: @Run Speed
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 04:37:52 AM »

It is weird that i can't answer the original thread, while there is no post from dev/mod saying it is close.

Anyway, i've seen post saying that washizaki aren't melee. Since when those characters are ranged ?

I also read that some tank characters can survive a blow from those melee characters. I am not playing a tank, and i don't see why everyone should play a tank. AOP is supposed to allow different kinq of build. Anyway, i don't play a tank so i can't verify if tank survive melee or sneak melee (which ARE melee too). But even if that character can survive, the point remains. It is not because that one character can survive that everyone else has to be screwed. If you read me well, i pretty well mentionned in clear english sentence that you are "most of the time" out of combat at the first blow, often even before seeing the guy. If means that you are dead/out even before being aware that there was a fight in the first place. There is zero fun/fairness/balance if you don't have any chance to fight back. Not mentionning that all the other build don't allow insta-win.

Even if they find a way to allow the melee to be strong, they can be strong without being fucking supermen. They need to be nerfed from invincible to become "only" strong. Because, as the game currently allow those build to be, there is no fight, just death casually coming out of the blue.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 04:39:38 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 05:17:34 AM »

Seki is right when he says Melee and Sneak Melee cannot be balanced the same way, as they do not have same purpose/gameplay.

But one of the issue is the same, no aiming time for aimed attacks with melee weapons (sneak or not), that makes Melee & Sneak Melee 90% of insta win as soon as they reach their opponent.

However how do you balance it ? If melees didn't KO, they would be weak, if they could run faster, they would be OP. So atm, melees are very strong for 1v1 because it's easy to cut los, but if one doesn't want to fight, he can avoid the other. In ZC, they are a bit too situational, they are very strong in buildings, and very weak in opened areas. I think it would be very hard to balance them without making them useless/OP.

About the Melee Sneak, well they are quite OP on 1v1 as you can choose your fights (thanks to sneak) and you can close the distance for the same reasons. Also your weapon skill is based on a secondary skill, so you can lower tagged weapon skill to have 200 in all secondary skills without any sacrifice. The dam is insane and you can hit twice with 100 AP (aimed attacks of course). The thing is, sneak should be strong in 1v1, but atm they kill every solo a bit too easily. Also they kill fast, but they die fast too as they are wearing leather jackets.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2014, 05:27:53 AM »

They can be nerfed by lowering the damage output, or the chances of delivering it, while having bonus to other non lethal attack, like crippling/winding/dropping weapon.

Let's say the melee come to you and cripple your arm. If you want to fight back, you have to doc yourself and grab a weapon. It takes time. So you have the choice between risking it and maybe not have much time to do both, as the melee keep delivering damage, or run, but end up too weak agains't other threats. It put you in danger, but at least you can do something.

But being down at the second you see your opponement is not a fight, is not option. It just instant death without actually playing the game. (no matter if it is sneak melee or "normal melee" when you open a door) There is no way you can justify that in any game.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 05:30:36 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 05:40:56 AM »

Yes but some ranged weapons also do lots of KO, the difference is in the aiming time imo  :)

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 06:07:07 AM »

Unless being shot by multiple opponements, characters are pretty reliable agains't ranged attacks. They rarely die on first attack. This make a HUGE difference.

Even if in some occasion, you can be down from a ranged attack, the damage output is still low enough that it allows you to wake up with enough health to keep going. Agains't a melee, your health is often already negative. If not, they kill you with the second attack anyway, a second attack that comes less than a second later.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 06:09:22 AM by naossano »

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 06:27:58 AM »

close tread pls this will last forewer

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile