Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: About the leveling and such  (Read 13294 times)

Deathproof

Re: About the leveling and such
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »

Ok, so I did some assignment grinding tonight and its better then trying to do stuff alone around (not that you can't do them alone, most are really easy and quick), but still loosing ton of time for cool-downs. Why is there a cd on assignment .... can't see a downside of removing it.
Read the forum... Cooldowns are for removing massive server lags

Yeah, good reason then. I wonder would lowering it at least to 5 still cause troubles.

Leveling isnt really that slow. You are ofc leveling faster on fo2/reloaded but try to go back to start of 2238 or just show me some other MMORPG game where you can level up that quickly. Its not even week since release and many players already got level 24+. Also there isnt that big difference in levels anymore and exp gain was boosted in last patch.
Slow is a matter of perspective, depends how much time you have to play the game. At least there should be more ways to lvl your character. And reward of what you get killing random NPC's which aren't that easy to kill is too low (around town, not on assignments). Assignments are ok for first levels, then it comes to grinding again, but unfortunately wasting a lot of time on cooldowns (but stated above, they had to do it because of the lag).

Its not that people will quit or something, its not that we should make it easy without any work to level up, but this way its "easy"(assignments) but time consuming, hence it is pure grinding. And the part where it is hard (some npc's in town) its not worth the exp, therefor again time consuming.

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2014, 12:30:32 PM »

Srsly fonline had one of fastest leveling from mmo what i played
week to get 24 lvl its absurdal fast anyway. We don't need another server with one day to max. I like how it is right now. Try old style mmo like lineage2 or something where you need half year to get decent level not taking about gear or upgrading skills :)

Deathproof

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2014, 01:34:58 PM »

All right , if all of you can, I can live and deal with it too.

Prosector

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2014, 07:53:16 PM »

Srsly fonline had one of fastest leveling from mmo what i played
week to get 24 lvl its absurdal fast anyway. We don't need another server with one day to max. I like how it is right now. Try old style mmo like lineage2 or something where you need half year to get decent level not taking about gear or upgrading skills :)

i understand your point but we came here to pvp, if we wanted to grind, we would play lineage 2. im not fan of conventional mmorpgs. i tried WOW, and stopped playing at about level 20 or so because the quests were about to "bring back 5 wolf pelt" "kill 10 zombie" etc. grinding is not fun for me. i actually think nobody is having fun in these, these people are just addicted to the stuff, they want the result so much they even do repetitive quests. so assignments for the 100th time is utterly boring, and the 8xp for killing a raider is ridiculous. just raise the xp reward of killing / hitting things and we are ok.

personally i would prefer a combination of this gameplay and old fallout quests with various cities, more than one outcome, moral choices, dialogs, story, etc. which can only be done once / character but i know it would be too much work. but for example that tutorial map was nice. i hope we get it back soon, maybe one day other areas will be available :o

Daro

• Wanderer
  • Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2014, 07:19:08 AM »

Which one give 1k+ exp? I usually get ~200-700 exp per mission. How about mission ranged D, is it hard for 10 lvl?
Harder assigments in Heart of faction give better rewards. You need to have at least 30k reputation to get to Heartl. If you don't have 30k repeputation you should consider donation blueprints to one of faction NPC.

You can get even 5k exp for soloing assigment. If you have 10lvl+ sniper char you can do almost all assigment (but only if you are doing them in open maps xD).

nanoswimz

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2014, 12:10:13 PM »

Got 24 lvl today, one week of pvp and making quests

rickroy

• Wanderer
  • Family man
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 09:52:50 PM »

I'm 17 on my 3rd day on this character, doesn't sound to hard to me. I felt like I had a tougher time on 2238.
~Bold~

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 10:20:22 PM »

It is certain that for now the amount of different activities you can do is limited. We hope in the future to bring more so that you can vary before being bored and feel the grinding weight on your shoulders. But that's right as well that we did everything we could to allow low level players to take part in PvP actions, and we really wished players to just play the game and level up at the same time "without thinking about it", so to speak.

Leveling up the character is an exciting process but we don't want players to feel that they're forced to, that the content is accessible to them only after their reached a certain level of power. We believe the current gap is more about equipment than level, and that's something quite difficult to balance. Managing an item stock is easier than building one from nothing... in that aspect, the game is still much more difficult for newcomers than experienced players, and that's sort of a non-sense. Hopefully bringing the tutorial back will allow new players to gather some equipment and that way, not restarting naked after their first death. But that's not enough, and we'll have to work harder to help new players to get started.

What's really nice is that I heard many players donated stuff to new players. I hope this will continue, and would love to see some market where noobs can get gear provided by platoons.

Deathproof

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 11:19:32 PM »

I'm 17 on my 3rd day on this character, doesn't sound to hard to me. I felt like I had a tougher time on 2238.
Grind = boring, not hard. What you did is spent bunch of hours doing repetitive task especially if you did it in 3 days.

What's really nice is that I heard many players donated stuff to new players. I hope this will continue, and would love to see some market where noobs can get gear provided by platoons.
I would love to see something like this as I like to give new players stuff I don't need and it comes greatly as a help to them. Maybe even an NPC that collects stuff from players (you donate ) and when some low level player comes to talk to him he can get some items for free(like 1 weapon,1 armor and some ammo). As in faction sharing to give easier start to new faction members.

OT:
You can PvP, but still without those perks and skills you're not worth much. Equipment is not that hard to come by, tier 2 is all around and you get it pretty soon. And armors are well made so even leather armor can be better than combat armor depending on situation and character. If player is interested in game he learns very quickly how to get stuff.

For me grind is a waste of time, but completely necessary to be competitive in this game, its the only reason I do it, to reach lvl 20+ so I can forget about it and do assignment from time to time for fun or to help someone new.

rickroy

• Wanderer
  • Family man
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 11:48:10 PM »

Nah bro im just not spending my time whining on the forums

j/k,

but I just got the 30k faction real fast and started doing the higher assignments, went by pretty fast
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 11:49:55 PM by rickroy »
~Bold~

rickroy

• Wanderer
  • Family man
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2014, 11:51:10 PM »

I guess Id say I had to grind the core to get all those relics, but I had fun doing that
~Bold~

MuchaChota

• Wastelander
  • CERRA LOS OJOS Y ABRI LA BOCA
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2014, 04:59:58 PM »

I've been grinding since day 2, lvled my first char to 18 while learning teh game in 3 days, second one to 24 in 3 days... the 5 other characters i tried reached 12-16  :-X

the "without thinking about it" part doesn't work for me. When i find a flaw in the build im trying, I always end up restarting the char. So the boring part of the grinding is not the time or effort it takes to reach lets say lvl 24, but having to repeat it over and over again.

It's the way im used to play and the way I like to play, I know, life in the wastes is harsh
meta vino y porqueria

Darvin

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2014, 10:47:08 PM »

When i started i was also struggling with slow leveling playing alone
But when i get to know people to do assignments it went MUCH FASTER
i v got from 3rd to 15 for one day
After u v got 30k rep u can do A+, SSS and such with 2-3 people and get like 4-5k exp for one mission.

So i think leveling is well balanced as long as u play in group

Mb developers should somehow improve ways to get exp for players who wanna play alone sometimes but even now there are: crafting, applying science on weapons (+5-50 exp for each) and some other stuff to get exp
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 10:49:55 PM by Darvin »

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2014, 11:04:05 PM »

What's wrong with doing from F to A+ alone? I sometimes even manage S ranks, if I get lucky.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2014, 05:17:43 PM »

Thats how i see leveling in AoP  ;D ;D
with good science and 3x dismantler you can science those spears for almost half of resources and continue
spears can be sometimes bought from weapon merchant npc, value of 3 caps/each so you can trade 1 AKs for 30 of them for example or you can craft them
metal parts, alloys, junk are tons everywhere
this way you can easily change your useless mp/alloys/junk to tons of exp

edit :
Seki. is you after all.  :o
offtopic but..
i gave that char to bbs but noone is playing on it anways
i play only on WorstPlayerEver
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 05:39:44 PM by Seki »

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2014, 05:23:25 PM »

Thats how i see leveling in AoP  ;D ;D
with good science and 3x dismantler you can science those spears for almost half of resources and continue
spears can be sometimes bought from weapon merchant npc, value of 3 caps/each so you can trade 1 AKs for 30 of them for example or you can craft them
metal parts, alloys, junk are tons everywhere
this way you can easily change your useless mp/alloys/junk to tons of exp

Oh my.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Niamak

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2014, 05:24:41 PM »

Seki. is you after all.  :o

Perteks

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 12:46:49 PM »