Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: AoP Client v1.0 & server launch info  (Read 33409 times)

krenkike

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
Re: AoP Client v1.0 & server launch info
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2014, 04:50:50 PM »

I can't scroll my screen down once I've scrolled it "up". Anyway got my first gecko kill, after I was killed by a radscorpion :D

Shangalar

• No Name Yet Team
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Dictatorial Tyrant
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2014, 04:51:00 PM »

There are lags at the moment, we're aware of it, but we have to see how it goes in order to take any decision. It was to be expected, please be patient or return give it a try later.

Helldoggy

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2014, 04:51:19 PM »

I got killed to but I didn't lose anything so I guess its ok  :'(

Aco

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2014, 04:51:47 PM »

Yeah.. Whats with these lags? Im spiking 15000~ ping. 15k. I tried both satelite internet and dielup internet. Both have this issue. Is it a server lag issue that will be fixed or should i just deal with it ?

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2014, 04:54:52 PM »

Whaaaaaaat? Lags already? Man that's pretty disappointing. I remember in 2238 when I first started there was severe lag, and it made me not even want to play. Hopefully this isn't because its hosted on a cheap-o server... If that's the case, I'd be more than willing to donate for a better server per month.
Things just got worse.

terciperix

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2014, 05:06:18 PM »

I noticed that some perks does not have a negative effect.
Gifted for example let you tag skills if you have done it before slelecting it, bruiser (the one that does +3 strengh -2 agility) does not remove agility skill points.

Benf

• Alpha Explorer
  • Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2014, 05:09:11 PM »

Not agree for the perk Gifted.

If i do like you, i have a message saying me that i can't choose perks if i have the trait Gifted

Gallagher01

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2014, 05:12:54 PM »

Thats ok, Bruiser dont remove Agi. Its reduce the gain of youre Aktion Points. Gifted is fine, you cant create a char with tag skills.
War is cruelty. There is no use trying to reform it. The crueler it is, the sooner it will be over.

krenkike

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2014, 05:15:58 PM »

Please guys tell me, is it only me? I can't scroll down the screen with the mouse. I'm playing in fullscreen mod becuz I've got widescreend and in windowed I can't the see the interface, nor moving the window. I can only keep the screen while going down on the map if I continously use the Home button.

Captain Chilly

• Experienced Survivor
  • Professional memelord i nthe making
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2014, 05:46:28 PM »

i was lucky enough to play with little to no lag and this game is fun so far, i love how it randomly generates your inventory at each new character

DiKobRaZzz

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2014, 06:47:40 PM »

We have ~15000 ping and incredible lags. Just fix it.

PorkchopExpress

• Wastelander
  • Give me your best shot, pal. I can take it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2014, 06:54:33 PM »

Gifted for example let you tag skills if you have done it before slelecting it, bruiser (the one that does +3 strengh -2 agility) does not remove agility skill points.
did you actually try to finish the character with gifted trait?i think it doesnt work....pops out invalid special data for me with taken gifted trait...
Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #32 on: September 05, 2014, 06:57:21 PM »

It's because everyone is downloading the new client from the same server, making it lag

Seki

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2014, 07:35:06 PM »

did you actually try to finish the character with gifted trait?i think it doesnt work....pops out invalid special data for me with taken gifted trait...
you must have at least 2 in every SPECIAL to be able to create char with Grifted trait

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2014, 07:57:13 PM »

Please guys tell me, is it only me? I can't scroll down the screen with the mouse. I'm playing in fullscreen mod becuz I've got widescreend and in windowed I can't the see the interface, nor moving the window. I can only keep the screen while going down on the map if I continously use the Home button.

Sounds like a classic "having pressed F8 at some point" problem. Try pressing F8 again. Dunno about that business you're having with interface not showing in windowed though.

As said by others before, lags like hell, unplayable for me right now sadly. I give it another shot tomorrow, so far it looks as if it will be able to provide some good fun. :)

It's because everyone is downloading the new client from the same server, making it lag

Remove DDL and keep only torrent? I took the direct too, but I'll gladly seed it a while if that helps.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2014, 08:01:29 PM by KAM »

mrdisco12

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2014, 08:02:36 PM »

where is v tech?, i want to join them.

krenkike

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2014, 08:37:51 PM »

Sounds like a classic "having pressed F8 at some point" problem. Try pressing F8 again. Dunno about that business you're having with interface not showing in windowed though.

Nope, when I hit F8 it locks all the directions. But I can move my cam to the right, left and up directions but not down. But no other trouble. Can it be becuz I used the .dat files from a ressurection modded version of fo2?

KAM

• Wanderer
  • Relentless.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2014, 08:41:22 PM »

Nope, when I hit F8 it locks all the directions. But I can move my cam to the right, left and up directions but not down. But no other trouble. Can it be becuz I used the .dat files from a ressurection modded version of fo2?
Ok I didnt read carefully enough what you wrote, sry. No idea what could be the problem, but yeah in general I guess it's best to use vanilla .dats and not modded ones.

DiKobRaZzz

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2014, 08:48:28 PM »

Oh... Just upload client on another hosting.

Gimper

• Wastelander
  • Your Loving Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2014, 09:18:58 PM »

Impossible to play with this lag. Disappointing, but I guess I'll try again tomorrow. Maybe by then it will even out.
Things just got worse.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip