Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: 21-01-2015 Changelog  (Read 40090 times)

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 21-01-2015 Changelog
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2015, 09:48:59 AM »

- Fixed [...] 9mm AP bullet doing 40% more damage

Why are you doing this to me

My character was made to use sniper rifles and wakizashi. So that's what i used at first.
Then came the nerf to sneak when using two-handed guns
So i switched to Desert Eagle .50 and waki instead
Then came the nerf to carry weight while sneaking
So then i used wakizashi only
Then came the nerf to crit damage%
So i used 9mm SMGs instead
and now this

Now all that's left for me is to stand sneaked in a corner and /s insults in arabic letters to demoralize the opponent

go visit cirn0 at home meybe thet solves problem

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »

Its too far away sadly, id have started irl sneak mission already if it wasnt for that

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2015, 10:22:32 AM »

Nao has watchtower irl

VanCarnY

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2015, 10:59:48 AM »

Dudes, melee question. throw away if already concluded.  are the combat knife and switchblade not supposed to have an aimed option? because these two weapons seem bugged. 
verily. 

and if there were an AOP player who would use such items it would be this one.  perhaps they were never intended to be used but, currently, they just burn your ap whilst doing nuthin.  thanks for your consideration.

by the way... is the only viable sneaker a 10 strength, combat leather coat, machete sneaker?  because im confused about all of these malus... so far in my sneaking experience... i have been spotted from many hex away or spotted other sneakers from very far away.  is this not chance based?  and how much does my perception/sneak skill affect my ability to see another sneaker? 

i suppose i can hide behind obstacles and sneak to get hits from behind with the waki but so far i've been much more successful with straight up melee weapons.  ty for time. just some thoughts of a new player :) ty

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2015, 12:06:26 PM »

combat knife is broken it shoud work normal when cirn0 dicides to invest time to fix
about sneeking it only works if you come from back or side of enemy from front side it isent so good i whit 2 pe can see you like 5-10hex

VanCarnY

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2015, 12:27:49 PM »

cool thanks :)

GREED

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2015, 06:22:32 PM »

What about crafting table bug... please dont make me have this thing in the middle of my room for another day

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »

Naossano continue your great Crusade against these filthy sneakers, gather your followers and cleanse the lands of Phoenix from this disease called sneaking.

I am totally OK with sneakers. My only complain was about the sneak melee being too OP. Those characters were able kill you in two hits, the first hit putting you on the ground, before you saw the guy, so you didn't even had the opportunity to fight. Which was an exception in the whole AOP, in which the fight last longer, which set it appart from other servers. Then, you could add the fact those character are cheap in equipement, and according a teammate that tried those, were lethal way before lvl 24.
(to sum the whole thing up)

It doesn't mean, at all, that i am agains't those who played these characters or that i don't want those characters to be strong. Just that it had to be balanced... (I also need to mention that, while the build is OP, not all who played those were skilled enough to fully take advantage of it.)

PS: I also consider the non-sneak melee quite OP, while also quite cheap, but it would mean that half of my team should level up new chars...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:08:38 PM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

paragon

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2015, 08:45:33 PM »

Melee should cost as much as any other class, now it's too cheap.

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2015, 08:51:22 PM »

melee really is fine with exception of supersledge

BG Sexpert

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2015, 11:23:46 PM »

Naossano continue your great Crusade against these filthy sneakers, gather your followers and cleanse the lands of Phoenix from this disease called sneaking.

I am totally OK with sneakers. My only complain was about the sneak melee being too OP. Those characters were able kill you in two hits, the first hit putting you on the ground, before you saw the guy, so you didn't even had the opportunity to fight. Which was an exception in the whole AOP, in which the fight last longer, which set it appart from other servers. Then, you could add the fact those character are cheap in equipement, and according a teammate that tried those, were lethal way before lvl 24.

It doesn't mean, at all, that i am agains't those who played these characters or that i don't want those characters to be strong. Just that it had to be balanced... (I also need to mention that, while the build is OP, not all who played those were skilled enough to fully take advantage of it.)

PS: I also consider the non-sneak melee quite OP, while also quite cheap, but it would mean that half of my team should level up new chars...

I'll preface this by saying I sneak regularly. I also have other characters that aren't sneak based. Those weapons that "kill in two hits" needs some explaining. The weapon you are talking about is the Wakizashi, its no secret. But its not just the weapon, its that you need to be sneaking and hit the opponent from behind. That gives the weapon double damage. If that hit is a critical it and has a status modifier, you get a crit dmg modifier from the Finisher perk, and can do pretty good damage. Then you factor in Silent Hill Death (damage increase as enemy life decreases), and you get the big numbers from the killing blow.

So that is why the damage readouts have been so high. Its not just SNEAK DAMAGE 2HIGH 420NERFPLZ. It takes a character specifically made to take advantage of these sneak, behind the back, blows.

Those two hit kills, which you hate so much, cost 94 AP on a character made correctly. So an entire AP bar to kill someone. Thats not the only weapon that has that kind of damage potential, not even close. Again this is only possible as a critical hit from behind while in sneak mode.

In AoP it is easier than ANY other FOnline iteration to detect sneak. The melee sneaker, actually has to be within range where he is revealed to attack you. Consider that, the sneaker is completely vulnerable for several hexes before he is even able to attack. Any attack done to him desneaks him and is a guaranteed critical bypass.

Pretty much any time you have died to a sneaker is because, you were bad and your reflexes were too slow. Now I've never been a lawyer. I've played V-tec and Family for some time. That being said, I rarely kill a lawyer with a sneak character. WHY? Because they have their shit together, even when I think I have the drop on a Lawyer 3:4 times they turn and shoot me before I can strike, and I have to run away with my tail between my legs, if they don't kill me out right. You have nobody to blame but yourself for dying to a sneaker.

Just yesterday I saw a lawyer (his name started with V) running alone in the core. I chuckled to myself thinking "easy kill" so I huffed some Voodoo and went after him. he fled, but then right before I got to him, he switched to a Super Sledge and cracked me 1hex before my attack. Then he shot me in the ass as I ran away. So I healed, resneak'd and went after him with more tact. The results were the same.

As it stands, sneak as an attack type is pretty bad. I know people like to complain when they see big numbers, but they really probably don't know what all is going into that big hit. A specifically designed character, attacking from behind, getting a critical, while in melee distance. It is a dangerous lifestyle, with (what used to be) good damage potential. It requires hit and run tactics, and actual planning to perform on any level.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 11:55:07 PM by BG Sexpert »

FrankenStone

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2015, 11:59:43 PM »

I'll preface this by saying I sneak regularly. I also have other characters that aren't sneak based. Those weapons that "kill in two hits" needs some explaining. The weapon you are talking about is the Wakizashi, its no secret. But its not just the weapon, its that you need to be sneaking and hit the opponent from behind. That gives the weapon double damage. If that hit is a critical it and has a status modifier, you get a crit dmg modifier from the Finisher perk, and can do pretty good damage. Then you factor in Silent Hill Death (damage increase as enemy life decreases), and you get the big numbers from the killing blow.

So that is why the damage readouts have been so high. Its not just SNEAK DAMAGE 2HIGH 420NERFPLZ. It takes a character specifically made to take advantage of these sneak, behind the back, blows.

Those two hit kills, which you hate so much, cost 94 AP on a character made correctly. So an entire AP bar to kill someone. Thats not the only weapon that has that kind of damage potential, not even close. Again this is only possible as a critical hit from behind while in sneak mode.

In AoP it is easier than ANY other FOnline iteration to detect sneak. The melee sneaker, actually has to be within range where he is revealed to attack you. Consider that, the sneaker is completely vulnerable for several hexes before he is even able to attack. Any attack done to him desneaks him and is a guaranteed critical bypass.

Pretty much any time you have died to a sneaker is because, you were bad and your reflexes were too slow. Now I've never been a lawyer. I've played V-tec and Family for some time. That being said, I rarely kill a lawyer with a sneak character. WHY? Because they have their shit together, even when I think I have the drop on a Lawyer 3:4 times they turn and shoot me before I can strike, and I have to run away with my tail between my legs, if they don't kill me out right. You have nobody to blame but yourself for dying to a sneaker.

Just yesterday I saw a lawyer (his name started with V) running alone in the core. I chuckled to myself thinking "easy kill" so I huffed some Voodoo and went after him. he fled, but then right before I got to him, he switched to a Super Sledge and cracked me 1hex before my attack. Then he shot me in the ass as I ran away. So I healed, resneak'd and went after him with more tact. The results were the same.

As it stands, sneak as an attack type is pretty bad. I know people like to complain when they see big numbers, but they really probably don't know what all is going into that big hit. A specifically designed character, attacking from behind, getting a critical, while in melee distance. It is a dangerous lifestyle, with (what used to be) good damage potential. It requires hit and run tactics, and actual planning to perform on any level.

maybe you should rename yourself into sneakexpert

GREED

« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2015, 12:36:37 AM »

Lol that was potentially the best post I have ever read.

paragon

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2015, 02:34:45 AM »

If you're interested in using ~lessclicks or any of new control scheme and don't wanna enter it each time you run client before one of the updates will make it for you you can create settings.ini in your game folder and add this:

[controls]
easymove=1
holdmove=0
attackmove=0
controls=0
wheelzoom=1
noreload=1

I hope it's intuitive enough to understand.

Ranger Arn

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2015, 02:54:14 AM »

just remove those dump carry weight mods for sneak...  and/or give fucking reroll WITH tag skills and WITH traits so MANY people (whos characters were fucked up by changes) who quit playing and still waiting for reroll that could fix their characters, can play again. ( to not waste time for farmville/grind exp again ).

« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 02:59:10 AM by Ranger Arn »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2015, 04:00:31 AM »

BG Sexpert >

Sure, totally agree with you about the need for a proper build, and the player playing it need to be skilled enough to know when use that blow (only a few of them are). Those informations are already known by most veterans players. Still, the result is the one i described in my previous post, and that result is OP. That doesn't mean that the sneak should be useless. Just that they exagerated the damage input and knockdown effect. It just need a little nerf to be balanced with other build.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:20:17 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

paragon

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2015, 04:16:15 AM »

Game should be balanced around team fights and not sneakers killing random scavengers.

In big and small scale organized pvp waki sneakers never were OP.

Killing disorganized, lonely, inexperienced players? Sure, no problem. But there are 2 (SG + EW) with 15 fights posted about it as well.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2015, 04:23:18 AM »

Doesn't negate what i was saying. You are dead before even fighting/running.
Even in big group, i've seen that happen to a few players. They weren't unskilled, they were just the guy's first target.

paragon

« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2015, 04:36:46 AM »

Even in small group (4 people) before waki nerf we often killed enemy sneaker before he even attacked anyone of us. Probably, if he'd not be in sneak, but just be tank with waki, it'd be worse. But players ignore/didn't understand such possibility.

In well organized group, one character with high FoV and watchtower will always be able to defend the whole group from several waki sneakers until FoV blockers.

Again I've never player for sneaker or close combat in AoP. I have rarely have any in my team.

I always will concentrate fire on enemy sneakers first, because they have low defence and high damage output. But there wasn't a minute of me dying and thinking that I died because waki sneakers are OP (although I thought so about super sledge).

Probably the only thing I concern about is too cheap speaker equipment cost.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:51:43 AM by paragon »

Anza

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2015, 04:43:15 AM »

>Those two hit kills, which you hate so much, cost 94 AP on a character made correctly. So an entire AP bar to kill someone. Thats not the only weapon that has that kind of damage potential, not even close.
The thing is you spent those 94AP in less than 2 sec, doing 2 aimed attacks with no aiming time, resulting in this instant kill with no possible retaliation feeling.

>In AoP it is easier than ANY other FOnline iteration to detect sneak.
You mean other FOnline which have MS ? Ok.

>Pretty much any time you have died to a sneaker is because, you were bad and your reflexes were too slow. [...] You have nobody to blame but yourself for dying to a sneaker.
Yet you say you can't land a hit on a target who has the time to switch to his secondary weapon (OP auto KD ssledge) ? I wonder who is the worst, the guy who has not the ability to react to a 1 sec time window to position his mouse on a sneak coming for him and make sure to KD/KO/cripple him before he reaches him (or have OP ssledge equipped :P) or the guy who has initative as he enter the critical "being visible" zone whenever he wants and still can't land a hit on an enemy who has the time to switch weapon before LOL

So now let's talk about a realistic scenario. You see your target, you wait to have favorable position (advantage of being sneak), then go for him (from behind yeah of course but you have to anyway to avoid being seen - except watchtower). So what can happen ?
- He has SSledge, if he reacts fast enough he kicks your ass (hello Hellmoi)
- He has mirkor, grenade pistol, rocket launcher, if he reacts fast enough, you are being KD, but most of the time, he will also be KD, so you can either flee or fight (better flee as you wear leather)
- He has shotgun, melee weapon, if he reacts fast enough, he can pray to KD you before you reach him. When you hit him, you will be facing him but you have high chances of KO him so easy win against shogun, i'd say 50/50 against melee
- He has another ranged weapon, fast enough or not, he can't make you fall except lucky unaimed shot so it's pretty much win.
So yeah you have no 100% chances of winning, but it takes into account that your opponent reacts to the 1 sec time you need to reach him while he can see you (except watchtower).

Again you are sneak, so you choose your target, and when to strike. So saying it's a dangerous playstyle is just wrong. Also saying you need specific build to do that.. well of course you need a build, it doesn't make it harder to do that.. it's not like it's the only playstyle which needs a specific build ??? The only thing is the low PER which takes some time to learn how to play with low sight range. 10 str 10 int 10 lck heavy handed don't require much skill to click when you create your char (you don't have the 1 sec time window to create your char)

I'll add the facts that playing waki sneak has cheap costs for good rewards (full loot with 10 str is not hard, yes if you loot you have to go back home and come back "oh no") and that you are not unsneak while you kill someone without being hit so you can kill people who don't stick together (while looting core for example)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2015, 04:49:54 AM by Anza »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip