Author Topic: Ashes Of Phoenix Fan Fiction: Journal of Ashes.  (Read 4362 times)

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
  • War.... War always changes.
    • View Profile
Ashes Of Phoenix Fan Fiction: Journal of Ashes.
« on: April 23, 2016, 12:22:30 AM »

This will be an ongoing fan fiction / journal log of the events this season.

Chapter 1:  Ashes.

It was another scorching day in the Arizona wastes, the food was all but gone, the water canteen was dried up.  The sweat dirtied my face, and the hot sun drained my hope...  but a storm was coming, in more ways than one.  Phoenix was shimmering in the distance, a city that could give a man hope, something to look forward to.  The great city of Phoenix, the Core, was a warzone for many factions, and more were on the horizon,  their numbers were growing, their knowledge was growing, their weapons becoming more powerful, and their soldiers gaining more strength with each passing day, as well as their hate for each other. 

To survive in this harsh wasteland one must choose which faction to serve, loners are killed without the batting of an eye, and those who flee elsewhere are only met with a worse fate.  Which faction shows the best promise? Does it even matter?  One might end up a dead body no matter what decision they make.  But a decision has to be made, all were equal in combat abilities, so it has to boil down to more than that... what does a faction stand for?  Which faction represents a future worth dying for?  A cause worth fighting for?  A faction one could feel proud to call allies?  A hope for mankind?

Each faction held onto a basic principle, they were opposites in many ways, and yet if they could unite they would strengthen, and rebuild humanity... but that was not going to happen.  The factions were locked into an unending war, an unresolveable conflict.  Every faction mirrored a piece of humanity, and yet lacked in some other aspect.

A technological faction, that strives to learn, and grow in knowledge, but lack in intrinsic values; no emotion, they were cold and frigid.  Unlike their opposers who seek to survive and thrive; farmers, and hard working folk, with good old fashioned methods and morality, but without a concern for technological advancement.

A faction of justice, truth, and rules, and yet filled to the brim with corruption.  A faction of organized crime, in which loyalty was regarded above all else, but has no regard for law, or regulations.  What did the new factions have to offer?  A life of true freedom away from any authority, rugged and carefree, yet savage and hostile?  A beacon of light that sought a higher calling, in tune with their spirituality, but perhaps double minded hypocrites?

Only tomorrow knows the answer, and only the Core will decide who is right.  That brutal battleground will be the trial of who lives, and who dies, all in the name of who will control it.   I will head to the great city, and try to keep my wits about me, but for now I will be in preponderance of a question no one knows the answer to... who will rise out of the Ashes Of Phoenix?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 12:34:07 AM by faopcurious »

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
Re: Ashes Of Phoenix Fan Fiction: Journal of Ashes.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2016, 01:23:14 AM »

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2016, 01:46:09 AM »

FUCK YOU TOO.  You talk about factions and make it sound interesting, fucker >_<.
If Ron Perlman was narrating that you would have shivers down your spine.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2016, 01:52:16 AM by faopcurious »

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2016, 02:46:57 AM »

FUCK YOU TOO.  You talk about factions and make it sound interesting, fucker >_<.

Spoiler for Hiden:

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2016, 09:19:36 AM »

I searched for a while to find a person eating popcorn who was listening but didn't have their mouth agape in some form of massive over excitement, it was meant to encourage

faopcurious

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2016, 04:39:53 PM »

ohhh. I thought he looked kind of bored, sorry XD  Man how I misinterpret things.
It is hard to make these factions seem interesting though, they are so one dimensional :P

Kurwier

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2016, 08:05:36 PM »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip