Author Topic: Plasma Pistol  (Read 8396 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Plasma Pistol
« on: April 06, 2015, 07:24:08 PM »

In my opinion, plasma pistol is in need of a change/nerf. Here are the reasons why.

• Plasma pistol currently shoots too fast
  • Cost 9-16 AP average for everyone
  • Scores good critical hits and keeps someone in a trance by knocking them down, preventing them from getting away
  • Natures peace
  • Fires 10-15 shots with one full AP bar, even more when shooter is standing still and regaining Action Points

The changes I'm suggesting is to increase the fire rate mode from 600 to 1000-1200. This way the pistol will shoot slower and gives people a chance to get away. Yes I know it has double tap but IMO plasma weapons should not have it.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
Re: Plasma Pistol
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2015, 10:57:55 PM »

it is the bullshity shooty dat needs sacking but EW user got very few choises
instead of nerfing plasmas better to buff/tweak the other EW

on a side note nature peace is grossly op and should exist only on turbos and the cannon
there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2015, 11:20:51 PM »

Try tesla armor instead of crying

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2015, 11:33:36 PM »

on a side note nature peace is grossly op and should exist only on turbos and the cannon
Yes, I agree with that. Maybe only critical hits should make the Natures peace trait work. If not then only the Turbo and Plasma cannon should have it.

Says the guy that literally almost cried about losing his Gauss rifle  ;D

btw, you were the one crying about my grenades, so now Plasma Pistols should get a change too IMO

it is the bullshity shooty dat needs sacking but EW user got very few choises
instead of nerfing plasmas better to buff/tweak the other EW
The laser rifles can use extra range to counter the M1Cs and DSRs. Or maybe make a new type of Big Gun Laser sniper :P
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 12:12:33 AM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2015, 12:07:16 AM »

Yes, I agree with that. Maybe only critical hits should make the Natures peace trait work. If not then only the Turbo and Plasma cannon should have it.

Says the guy that literally almost cried about losing his Gauss rifle  ;D

btw, you were the one crying about my grenades, so now Plasma Pistols should get a change too IMO

AoP: Where players are so egotistical they believe they are the singular reason for a change.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2015, 12:13:27 AM »

AoP: Where players are so egotistical they believe they are the singular reason for a change.
Do you even play AoP still?

ProfessorYanick

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2015, 01:16:02 AM »

Really, Tesla will resolve your plasma problem and give you enough of others to complain about. Nature's Peace is perfectly reasonable on plasma weapons and a single thing distinguishing EW. Since EW have no bleed I even think devs should invent a bit more specific traits for lasers and electricity.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2015, 03:09:18 AM »

Maybe add another bleed effect but call it burning damage, add it to all fire and energy weapons to varying degrees, and boom, the rest of the damage issues can be metered out through that.

Natures peace I would agree should maybe be assigned to specific weapons only, in fact I would argue that it should be renamed to simply "Bloody Mess" and be attached (as a percentage chance instead of the 100% chance maybe) to a bunch of weapons including most explosives.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2015, 06:58:06 AM »

Ahem*Ahem*-spears-*Ahem
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2015, 10:42:30 AM »

Really, Tesla will resolve your plasma problem and give you enough of others to complain about. Nature's Peace is perfectly reasonable on plasma weapons and a single thing distinguishing EW. Since EW have no bleed I even think devs should invent a bit more specific traits for lasers and electricity.
You really think I'm going to wear Tesla armor when 90% of my enemies use normal and explosive weapons? I know natures peace is reasonable on plasma weapons but for a pistol that basically shoots non stop is too OP.

!
Maybe add another bleed effect but call it burning damage, add it to all fire and energy weapons to varying degrees, and boom, the rest of the damage issues can be metered out through that.

Natures peace I would agree should maybe be assigned to specific weapons only, in fact I would argue that it should be renamed to simply "Bloody Mess" and be attached (as a percentage chance instead of the 100% chance maybe) to a bunch of weapons including most explosives.

I do like the idea of the burning effect. That would be amazing with laser weapons and the solar scorcher.  However, if such a thing were implemented, not all EW weapons should have it. Gatling laser already does enough damage and that's it basically :P

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2015, 11:29:52 AM »

You really think I'm going to wear Tesla armor when 90% of my enemies use normal and explosive weapons?

All that needs to be said about whether or not plasma pistol should be changed, thanks Stalker.

SnowCrash

• Wastelander
  • Ninja Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2015, 11:40:48 AM »

I agree that natures peace on some weapons doesnt feel much balanced.

My sugestion would be to change the trait to make the weapon to deal double damage when HP are lower than 0. This can have ranks, so some weapons, like turbo can have 3 ranks of this trait (dealing damage *8 ) and pistols can have just 1 rank, so it wouldn become OP.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 03:02:15 PM by SnowCrash »

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2015, 12:11:23 PM »

Natures peace is fine as is.

Most other weapons can just spam hexshoot on fallen enemies to prevent defibs.

Plasma pistol doenst have that luxury.

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2015, 02:27:24 PM »

This'll probably be hit by the djibooti change.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 04:34:25 PM »

CHANGE TO DIJI!!!!?!?!?!??? NOOO THE CIRNACOLYSPE IS HERE SPAMMERS RUN AND HIDE IN A BUNKER

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2015, 05:41:44 PM »

Natures peace is fine as is.
lol, maybe for turbo plasma and plasma cannon but for a pistol that has 11AP cost, nope.

Most other weapons can just spam hexshoot on fallen enemies to prevent defibs.
Plasma pistol doenst have that luxury.
Plasma pistol already has natures peace, victims allies has no chance to revive while other weapons do give a chance for revival.

Naice, if plasma pistol only spams now with no critical hits, the no changes are needed :P (maybe still make it shoot slower though)

My sugestion would be to change the trait to make the weapon to deal double damage when HP are lower than 0. This can have ranks, so some weapons, like turbo can have 3 ranks of this trait (dealing damage *8 ) and pistols can have just 1 rank, so it wouldn become OP.
Either way, when someone goes down to - HP, they're basically dead. IMO natures peace should only have a 33% chance to melt someone.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2015, 12:44:19 AM »

Nature's peace can just as well work off target's Crit.End. Why not? And plasma pistol could have a lower modifier then that of the rifles to the formula.
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip