Author Topic: npc implementation in the core  (Read 3783 times)

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
npc implementation in the core
« on: March 21, 2015, 09:20:31 PM »

I was discussing npc presence in the core with oleg. We do not think it is rational to have any monster everywhere. We were wishing to remove patrols and all reds from the strictly PVP areas. For example: patrols only exist in the gates and reds only appear in dungeons ...

I took a voodoo and got knocked out by an npc, but I would have been gone like the wind =/

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: npc implementation in the core
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2015, 10:03:29 PM »

As a sneaker, hostile npcs mess me up more than other characters, but even then i want them to stay as they are.

Only thing that needs changing is getting raped by npcs right after a zone transition, maybe a short timer before npcs can aggro on you.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 03:36:45 AM »

Only thing that needs changing is getting raped by npcs right after a zone transition, maybe a short timer before npcs can aggro on you.

That would be cool if possible. Something like setting the player as neutral toward NPCs for a small time after an area transition, but having that on it's own cooldown (only able to gain the "shield" once every 30 seconds or minute) to prevent abuse, maybe link the "NPC shield" to the transition time cooldown already in place (for repeatedly traveling back and forth).

Or possibly making NPCs (except maybe a small few) extremely bad at detecting sneakers, but that wouldn't help non sneakers any and could just make sneaking OP/abuse-able.

Another idea would be allowing a way to "peer" into an area that you want to transition into, for example holding shift and walking onto a transition point provides a player with vision over the next map (relevant to where they are not the whole map obviously).

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2015, 11:12:45 AM »

We've talked quite a bit about alternatives to the current system. It's definitely something at the discussion table.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip