Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: DOWNTIME DEPRESSION  (Read 23101 times)

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
DOWNTIME DEPRESSION
« on: January 05, 2015, 08:48:20 PM »

the other fallout servers are bad. I quit. I have no more patience for garbage. I need aop. please continue to carry fallout. I will donate when I have money. I will join the dev team when I have time. Anyone who cares about fallout should be on aop.

TWAT out

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: DOWNTIME DEPRESSION
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 10:26:51 PM »

Yep, AoP is the best FOnline server, sadly FO2 attracts everyone with their 400 HP tanks, 18 action points, 4 AP burst, kind of stupid. Literally the current session is exactly the same as all others, just with this global tech.

Sadly I'm forced to play to get some action. And reloaded too :V but Reloaded > FO2

but AoP lacks players :( I really miss running around, finding enemy squads of 10+ and healing my allies while they get shot by DSR's, miniguns n shit
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:34:19 PM by S.T.A.L.K.E.R »

MARXMAN

• Wiki Editor
  • Experienced Survivor
  • Trickshotting Legendaries since before it was cool
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2015, 02:20:21 AM »

Gather around the campfire and drink Kameraden, we'll get through this.

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 05:46:14 AM »

I would say Fo2>Reloaded as Reloaded seems like 2238 copy pasted while Fo2 add far more new content.
I would also say that those both servers have far more contents/features, but i prefer AOP casual-friendly philosophy.
IMO, AOP is best server to discover Fonline while Fo2/Reloaded are best for hardcore players.
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

FrankenStone

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2015, 06:48:26 AM »

nah AoP is by far the best PvP server i have seen so far , Fonline2 is good too if you love grinding mmos , it has alot of content but on the other hand PvP is quite rare there because people rather go to glow where they can find rare implants which give them an advantage over casual players . the funny thing i dont understand is why big gangs left AoP because u cn read on fonline2 forum that they praise AoP PvP system , its just a mystery to me . I have played Fonline2 for 3 days or so after that i recognized that there is very little action , only small encounters at carravans or dungeons with all that funny 1 hexing i remember from good ol´2238 days . but the thing which is bad is that fonline2 is kinda imbalanced due to their global tech tree and their changes on metal armor . i was like wtf when someone with laserrifle killed me in metal armor heh ... all in all i quit it because i dont wanna level my char till lvl 99 to get most available hp and skills like for crafting , also i dont want to farm glow all day long and get killed in the end by gridcampers to donate my looted stuff also leveling is pain in da ass and carravans are really boring , farming is also boring ... caps not worth anything because u can get them easily with a small group of players ...

well reloaded is the same story , implants , PA all that stuff destroyed the server balance and kill gore seems like far away from wipe heh ...

I hope to see some of you when AoP server is back online , lets make some celebration PvP event heh ...

Shura

• Wiki Editor
  • Wanderer
  • aka Alex - Lawyer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2015, 07:23:56 AM »

I will be here when server go up again. I am trying Fonline 2 atm they have many locations and players but the gameplay... yerk, its just horrible compared to AoP

Stem Sunders

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2015, 08:04:58 AM »

I tried a little reloaded...I honestly dont know how people play it, everything feels so jenkey and slow.

I also understand that balance is an issue in any MMO, but Its so awful there imo.

That little chicken dance before someone fires? UGH!

Plagued with quick/dual loggers with hacks and bots. I cannot abide any of that stuff myself...Takes away from playing the game imo.

And if you wanna compete you'd better have a bunch of alts all stocked up on super stimms
Oh and you better position those alts over the town you're controlling because if you dont...

The other team that did will win.

I didn't realise how lucky we were at first (I knew there was a massive difference but only became entirely clear upon returning back to reloaded for a little play.)

The city core is almost an anti alt/quicklog measure in itself.
Also we have no need for a mining bot to gather innumerable amounts of crafting materials for your leveling pleasure.

(Whoever shoots first) Instakill
Implants
1hex
Drugs
Mega grinding
Etc,Etc,Etc...

Not my cup of tea, Long live AoP

P.S around 40% of the people I spoke to (At a guess) didnt even know AoP is a thing....Truly, I spoke to a bunch of old friends who thought I just left entirely.
When I told them I been down south in Phoenix rising from the ashes some of them were like "What's Phoenix?:s?"

I'm like "REALLY!?!" I would have thought all Fonline player bases mostly know about all the other Fonlines out there.

Again, long live AoP, the pedigree of Fonlines.

(FINAL EDIT) I have to say I respect and appreciate all the Fonlines and their respective developers.
But for as long as this city and site will bear me, I will be here.
Its awesome this game concept actually has the fan base it does, I think thats something we can all appreciate.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:54:59 AM by Stem Sunders »

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 08:07:23 AM »

FrankenStone >

I am not disagreeing with you, and you should consider that i would say the same thing.

BUT
- Fo2/Reloaded have more contents, more things to do. AOP is still quite young and need more things to do. Currently, (when server is up) you could only do ZC/Dungeon/Scavenging/Assignement, and that's it. It can get boring fast. The overall design of AOP is still better, in my opinion, and i am confident that if they keep improving it, it will be even better. But currently, it is still VERY early stage of the develloppement process. The base is there. Now it needs content.

- Fo2/Reloaded are still better for hardcore players, players that need huge difficulty and harsh competition in order to enjoy the game. All that grinding, all that leveling to lvl99, all that PK/Instant-kill atmosphere, the drugs, the blueprints, the implants, the rare OP gauss etc... are things those players love and are looking for. And it is OK for them to like it. It doesn't mean they are wrong to love it. Just that there are two different kind of server for two different kind of playstyle. IMO, AOP is more targetted for casual or people that aren't used to Fonline, as you can be competitive far more quickly and always have allies, even if you are a loner. Also, i have a far more friendly players community.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:10:45 AM by naossano »
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.

Komrade

• Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 08:09:08 AM »

When most players moved to fonline2 I tried it too, but I'm not into farmvilles so got bored and left.
Where is AOP ? I tried a lot of things but nothing seriously compares to this, also I bet I know the reason why most clans left for fonline2 and shame on them for that.   

Edit

AOP is my first fonline so maybe I got a little spoiled, but that isn't a reason to play a worse edition. 
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 08:13:14 AM by Komrade »

FrankenStone

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 08:40:53 AM »

well its still a mystery why they left to me ... but i know that they enjoy winning by grinding imo its just bad .

Count Matthew

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 09:40:09 AM »

Yep, AoP is the best FOnline server, sadly FO2 attracts everyone with their 400 HP tanks, 18 action points, 4 AP burst, kind of stupid. Literally the current session is exactly the same as all others, just with this global tech.

Sadly I'm forced to play to get some action. And reloaded too :V but Reloaded > FO2

but AoP lacks players :( I really miss running around, finding enemy squads of 10+ and healing my allies while they get shot by DSR's, miniguns n shit

When we all charged the BB's at the bottom of PV Lab. That was an awesome fight (you were v tech at the time)

twat

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 10:26:38 AM »

I was playing Fonline2 with two of my buddies and by the end of the second session I was level six and still had no gear.  We spent our time moving crates and shit for caps, spending them on spears, then dying to critters. That does not promote harsh competition. Competition is harsh. That is a high entry level difficulty and a high level of separation between new players and old players. I don't see the extra drug use and super implants and high level cap as a boon to PVP either. I think AOP PVP is just better. It is only a matter of time for AOP to have enough content to bring in players.

We need to get on fonline2 and reloaded just to get the AOP word out there

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 10:29:55 AM »

IMO, AOP is best server to discover Fonline while Fo2/Reloaded are best for hardcore players.
wtf

Korean style grinding game ≠ hardcore

Fo2 is not for hardcore players, its for people with too much time on their hands

Spoiler for Hiden:
its pure shit

FrankenStone

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 10:42:10 AM »

well haha in the meantime i found some german players from my hometown , now i can pk a bit in the meantime in fonline2 :D but its still oldschool

Stem Sunders

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 11:04:31 AM »

I was playing Fonline2 with two of my buddies and by the end of the second session I was level six and still had no gear.  We spent our time moving crates and shit for caps, spending them on spears, then dying to critters. That does not promote harsh competition. Competition is harsh. That is a high entry level difficulty and a high level of separation between new players and old players. I don't see the extra drug use and super implants and high level cap as a boon to PVP either. I think AOP PVP is just better. It is only a matter of time for AOP to have enough content to bring in players.

We need to get on fonline2 and reloaded just to get the AOP word out there
I dunno, I played FO2 a while back and in five hours or so I was level 12 with gear enough to hold my own against smaller bands of critters.
Overall I didn't enjoy the experience and thought it was just a worse version of Reloaded, with mostly the same downfalls drawbacks and experiences to be had.
The only massive difference I spotted right from the get go was player owned merchants, which I also think is a silly idea.

""We need to get on fonline2 and reloaded just to get the AOP word out there""

I feel kinda dirty after going to the hub and telling people Phoenix is awesome and better.
As true as I think that is, I feel like I'm undermining devoted peoples work.
But its also true that some don't know AoP exists.
As courier said, I also can't understand why people left the clearly superior build.

I am of the thinking that the majority of the FOnline player base have been with it from the beginning and are comfortable with (From what I have seen) is a copy pasted game with slight tweaks and differences here and there, that people still complain will never be as good as 2238. (which I never had the pleasure of playing)

What I'm trying (and failing) to say is, either the vets need to be convinced, or there needs to be a huge injection of newbies into AoP. ("Noobs" are life blood to any franchise especially MMO's)
Maybe it is a content(the lack of) problem, but I think some of it stems from the old "hardcore" player base and their mentality.

Please dont forget I'm kinda new in the grade scheme of things, and I mean no offence to my elders.

Its just the opinion of a fresh blood NOOB.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:06:41 AM by Stem Sunders »

Herbie

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2015, 11:49:23 AM »

IMO fo2 beats every server right now, content is starting to be mature, weapons are balanced, and there are enough features to feed every playstyle.

AOP has good concept but still too young, but devs are good and with time this should be one of best server.

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2015, 11:57:57 AM »

tried F2 to fill the gap and .... ill just wait untill

there is no such name as Biggus Dickus

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2015, 12:01:14 PM »

wtf

Korean style grinding game ≠ hardcore

Fo2 is not for hardcore players, its for people with too much time on their hands

Spoiler for Hiden:
its pure shit

Different way of seeing things, but i opposed hardcore to casual, not necessary difficult vs easy.
Fo2 is not just difficult but also longer. It "rewards" those who like to spend as much time as possible in the server doing preparation for upcoming battle, by having better gear, better char, highest number of alt worldmap, those who commit to the server who can then totally screw the more casual players (not necessary noobs) who don't want or cannot afford to spend the same amount of time getting ready or those who aren't nice enough to be recruited in a closed faction.

On the other hand AOP is more casual friendly as no matter if you spend 1h/day or 12h/day, you are still able to join the fight. No matter if you are alone or with buddies on TS/Mumble, you can join the fight as soon as a timer begins. No matter if you have spent 10 hours on the character planner or improvised your character, you still have a chance to win, provided you can use that character well.

Some players might not like this as they are more used to be on a hardcore time consuming competitive mindset and don't like the fact some casual could join them or are able to face them. And there is no problem with that. But, on the other hand, for new players, it is the best way to start Fonline, as you can be sure you have allies, that your character can be effective even if you don't know how to plan it, there is no PK/traitors/base-rapers to make you ragequit within your faction, and always some "mentors" willing to teach you the basics of the game or give you stuff if you are broke.

Then, you are free to stay on AOP or leave it. But, at least, you are given enough reasons to not ragequit on the first few weeks, unlike 2238 and its babies.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:04:36 PM by naossano »

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2015, 12:01:37 PM »

IMO fo2 beats every server right now, content is starting to be mature, weapons are balanced, and there are enough features to feed every playstyle.

AOP has good concept but still too young, but devs are good and with time this should be one of best server.

what weapons u talk about ???
if u are not part of the big bands grind fest u are left with metal armor and fkn hunting rifle or 10 mm smg
so wtf u talk about F2

nailbrain

• Experienced Survivor
  • Sper Trollwer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2015, 12:15:21 PM »

competitive mindset my ass
lack of grind based advantages and need to think about other combat strategy than "i got implants and PA" makes for non competitive mindset
when all gear is available and numbers are even it is the skill dat makes the winner - this is competitive
i can outrun Carl Lewis with Suzuki Hayabusa does this makes me competitive
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip