Author Topic: The problem with mentats  (Read 3833 times)

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
The problem with mentats
« on: October 07, 2014, 09:37:40 AM »

It costs about 60 caps worth of ingredients to craft mentats, but they are bought for 250 caps and sold to vendors for ~90. They are so expensive in comparison to other drugs, but their crafting requirements are about the same.

I say drop the price by 100 or so to also put the resale price just under the base crafting cost, but I'm mostly just pointing out the flaw and potential exploitable gap.

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
Re: The problem with mentats
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 10:01:50 AM »

2x20c Antidote
2x10c Chems
5x2c Broc
5x2c Xander
Total of 80 caps per mentat, and profit of 10c if you sell it. In comparison to an assignment worth of 400caps that can be done in 10 minutes, you need to craft 40 mentats for this money. Exploitable?
I agree with the price drop but 100 caps is too low, no point to craft it with such a price.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 10:15:49 AM »

2x20c Antidote
2x10c Chems
5x2c Broc
5x2c Xander
Total of 80 caps per mentat, and profit of 10c if you sell it. In comparison to an assignment worth of 400caps that can be done in 10 minutes, you need to craft 40 mentats for this money. Exploitable?
I agree with the price drop but 100 caps is too low, no point to craft it with such a price.

Chems were only 8 a piece and I dint even factor in the xanders and brocs as they are quite common, but fair enough, true points.

I did suggest dropping it by 100, to 150, which makes them more expensive than voodoo and buffout I believe, which seems reasonable.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 10:25:04 AM »

Gahh, I just bought Bloodmoon off one of the traders (i assume someone sold it to him though) for 100 caps!!

Seems like that should be more in the 1000 caps range, being an uberdrug.

Hans Landa

• Wastelander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 10:29:36 AM »

If you don't take into account the price of broc&xander then consider the time wasted fro gathering them, which makes mentat crafting even less profitable. I agree, 150 price is nice.
Regarding the bloodmoon, this is unbalanced, considering the rareness of the resources required for it.

mAdman

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 11:42:26 AM »

Agreed.

I am remembering correctly now, I buy my chemicals from the high tier trader at a discount, hence why I thought they were 8 each.

Still 150-175 would make sense.

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip