Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Fallout 4 Comming This Year ...  (Read 10973 times)

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

Re: Fallout 4 Comming This Year ...
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 02:13:35 AM »

FUCK YEAH!!!

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 11:40:44 PM »

Meh. Is there a reason to be hyped about another TES?
I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together...
Okay, 3, 2, 1, let's jam!

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 02:30:24 AM »

Meh. Is there a reason to be hyped about another TES?
You're a soggy blanket if you're not hyped

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 11:31:08 AM »

Lets not be negative nor overly hyped. I don't think anyone wants games to fail but it seems setting the bar low is a defence we've made to not feel so let down by developers from our insane expectations.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

RazorRamon

• Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 01:11:36 PM »

Excepting anything but a mediocre game from bethesda would indeed be insane expectations

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2015, 02:56:47 PM »

If I've been reminded of anything by my discussions with people who are watching E3, it is that many gamers truly do have unrealistic expectations.
You can try as hard as you can to reinvent the wheel, but the wheel works for a reason. It's easy to bicker and bitch because every new game isn't groundbreaking and you've grown jaded, but that's also the best way to rob yourself of the chance of having fun.

Also, Fallout 4 looks like it could turn out pretty good. I love weapon customization, and building strongholds/towns in RPGs totally scratches an itch for me. F3 and NV had a charm to them, and I look forward to exploring post-apocalyptic Boston and absorbing more fallout lore.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 03:01:41 PM by Smalltime »

Voiddweller

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2015, 05:32:06 PM »

It seems that Bethesda did exactly what modding community did with F3/NV - they made a sandbox with a lot of stuff to play with. Modding community will be happy for sure. Me too)

FrankenStone

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2015, 08:11:30 PM »

Also, Fallout 4 looks like it could turn out pretty good. I love weapon customization, and building strongholds/towns in RPGs totally scratches an itch for me. F3 and NV had a charm to them, and I look forward to exploring post-apocalyptic Boston and absorbing more fallout lore.

well i dont expect much lorewise becoz ive seen BoS initiate in a fucking vertibird ... but on the other hand i think that townbuilding and weapon armors modding system was done very well and for sure i will test it out , even when i know the story will be total crap becoz its bethesda , they just focus on other things and it seems to me that this title is an step forward in comparison to fo3 in terms of weapon armor mods and everything else ... they are not very creative dudes at bethesda when it comes down to new inventions or storyline , but atleast they know it and did cut out skillz which is some progress in my book too becoz in fo3 skills were useless anyway ... i will play that title not in remembering the old titles , to me its just some new game in a post apo world and it looks cool ...

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2015, 08:35:41 PM »

Chosen one had vertibird plans that he may have given to the brotherhood at least 30-40 years before F4. Also, brotherhood have captured a few regardless.
Not sure about the exact date, but it is definitely at the very least 30 years after F2.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2015, 10:09:09 PM »

Main character HAS A VOICE.

I'm not using "low expectations" as a defence mechanism, I Truly believe that this game will turn out to be the same linear TES.
Mb if my worries'd be dissolved by the game I might be able to enjoy it. For an example I'd like to know if we will be forced to build that "village" of ours, or is it just a cosmetic thing meant to prolong the gameplay. I can't exactly see a way of having a negative karma character, if he's BUILDING A PLACE FOR PEOPLE TO LIVE IN. Also if he has 1 INT and he can still do that... Well, there are a lot of problems with that IMO.
Also I hope dog companion can be left behind, and won't tag along with you for an entirety of the game :( (mb that was their choice to force us to use CH)
Armour customization definitely looks cool. On the other hand I became even more skeptical, since in 10 minute "gameplay" video, we were shown like 40 seconds of combat, and everything else was crafting and customization...

Hope the story will be only about Vault-Tec, and their crazy social experiments on people of different vaults.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2015, 10:42:52 PM »

For an example I'd like to know if we will be forced to build that "village" of ours
They said it was optional, also, who says that you can't make a village of raiders? I'm willing to bet they've accounted for it.
I hope dog companion can be left behind, and won't tag along with you for an entirety of the game
It would be uncharacteristic of them to force you to have that companion the whole game.

since in 10 minute "gameplay" video, we were shown like 40 seconds of combat, and everything else was crafting and customization...
Did you watch the follow-up stuff that was during microsoft's conference? More than 40 seconds of combat was shown, and it looks like they finally took PA seriously.

Hope the story will be only about Vault-Tec, and their crazy social experiments on people of different vaults.
Let's be real here. You know it won't be that simple.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2015, 01:13:47 AM »

Weapon modifications got me hyped up :D

The building a town thing is ehh for me, I don't wanna be playing farmville in fallout 4 but the power armor man, ohhh man

naossano

• Alpha Explorer
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
    • Fallout Génération
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2015, 05:48:15 AM »

Yikes !
You speak french and love Fallout, Wasteland and post-apocalyptic culture ? Join us now.
http://fallout-generation.com

Voiddweller

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2015, 05:57:11 AM »

You guys worry too much :3

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2015, 05:01:35 AM »

You guys worry too much :3
Because it's a franchise I adore and love.

Voiddweller

• Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2015, 12:35:42 PM »

Me too, but all Beth games are very popular, mod friendly and generally awesome. They just can't fail.

Myakot

• Global Moderator
  • Wasteland Figure
  • Eng\Rus Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2015, 01:54:30 AM »

Me too, but all Beth games are very popular, mod friendly and generally awesome. They just can't fail.
From the point of money it has ABSOLUTELY no way to fail. Same from the point of modding etc.
I fear that the official version will ONCE AGAIN (skyrim, fallout 3) will be really boring, and it'll only be possible to play it with a ton of mods. And don't forget that mods are now pay-2-play ;P, hello Gaben.

Smalltime

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Survivor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 19, 2015, 02:33:09 AM »

The cost of the mods is entirely in the hands of the mod creators. If they want to give free content, they will. You can't begrudge someone for wanting to monetize on their work. It may be annoying due to the fact that they were always free in the past, but a competitive and rewarding mod market would inspire better content creation/upkeep.
Also, Bethesda isn't the only company that has made a subpar fallout game (though I personally enjoyed F3,) lest we forget Fallout: BOS.

PusiteGA

• Phoenix Contributor
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2015, 04:33:25 PM »

for me fallout 3 and newer are shit
Pages: [1] 2

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip