Author Topic: [MECH] Switching zones quickly negates ZC timers.  (Read 3981 times)

Stem Sunders

[MECH] Switching zones quickly negates ZC timers.
« on: December 16, 2014, 08:48:05 AM »

Switching zones in quick succession negates the timer placing it on a cooldown, allowing players to wander that zone freely, for around 10 minutes.
(At a guess)

E.G.
If I go from family gates to eastern square, and then from eastern back to family gates and then back to eastern.
The eastern timer will not show, allowing me to wander that zone without the whole server being informed.

Of course this has no bearing on capturing the zone but it seemed unintentional to me.

In addition performing these same actions, allows us to step on exit grids to retrieve gear at will. (When the grid timer takes over)
(The gear part isn't bad imo, but again perhaps not intentional)

(EDIT) Quickly Tried this with a BBoy and myself.
If we both perform the same actions the timer still does not show, and we can both wander freely
And if only one of us performs the actions (While the other remains in the zone) the timer keeps counting but a contested state still is not shown.

I expected it to show a contested state when "enemy" was there but apparently not.
(Neither of us were sneaked at the time)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 09:25:47 AM by Stem Sunders »

cirn0

• No Name Yet Team
  • Outdoorsman Veteran
  • That's Terror
    • View Profile
Re: [MECH] Switching zones quickly negates ZC timers.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »

It's intended but up for discussion.

I don't perceive this as being plausible when the core has more players in it. When we had decent population, even without the notification we have now of enemy captures, players were still getting ganked and PvP was abundant.
YOU CAN'T CUT BACK ON FEATURES! YOU'LL REGRET THIS!

Stem Sunders

Re: [MECH] Switching zones quickly negates ZC timers.
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 11:45:51 AM »

Agreed.

Thought I should say something.
Anything else I would have to say would just be repeating you.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 11:50:02 AM by Stem Sunders »

SMF 2.0.2 | SMF © 2011, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder - Theme by Crip